Solved

O/C Dell T3400 with E4300

I'm a complete rookie, but would like to know how to over clock a Core 2 Duo E4300 on a Dell Precision T3400 (Intel x38). I would appreciate the help!
26 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell t3400 e4300
  1. Is it even possible?
  2. you cannot overclock your CPU because your Bios is locked.
  3. I'm not aware of any Dell systems that let you overclock.
  4. there is a way of unlocking the Bios, but its not worth the hassle.
  5. why is it too complicated? I dont mind, it is either that or get a new Quad Core. But I rather go for the cheapest option.
  6. You have a pre-built pc, this means you will notice little to no performance gains if you are successfull at unlocking the Bios & able to overclock. Dell's are not meant for overclocking unless you spend a LOAD of cash on one of their XPS or alienware models.

You want to overclock? Get a real board =)

Dell OEM boards are horrible when it comes to bumping up the CPU clocks.
  7. I will say i have succesfully overclocked a Vostro 200 With the vcc and fsb padmod buuut that does not work on all motherboards. It was way worth it have a e4600 running at 3.2 from 2.4 trust me tottaly worth it. you have to draw on the actual processor with a conductive ink and change the fsb from 800 to 1066 or 1333. The way to look up this mod is search for pad mod in google i will try to find links.

T
  8. thently said:
    I will say i have succesfully overclocked a Vostro 200 With the vcc and fsb padmod buuut that does not work on all motherboards. It was way worth it have a e4600 running at 3.2 from 2.4 trust me tottaly worth it. you have to draw on the actual processor with a conductive ink and change the fsb from 800 to 1066 or 1333. The way to look up this mod is search for pad mod in google i will try to find links.

T

I assume you also upgraded the CPU cooler?
  9. No not at all and it does not run that hot. oh and here is a link read through all this it will help old but best i could find.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=a140ee4a291c53de397b626fce67180b&t=498167&page=10

The rest of the system is 4 gigs ram and my old 8800GTX. Makes a wonderfull 2ndary Gameing puter for my office.

T
  10. well i have an OLD Dell XPS 400 (Pent. D 2.8Ghz) that came with a huge CPU cooler (6 heatpipes) and it would not withstand anything over 3.3/3.4Ghz. The temps were in the 75c+ arena. Even after I had re-pasted and re-seated the cooler the temps were just to high for daily operation.
  11. OvrClkr said:
    well i have an OLD Dell XPS 400 (Pent. D 2.8Ghz) that came with a huge CPU cooler (6 heatpipes) and it would not withstand anything over 3.3/3.4Ghz. The temps were in the 75c+ arena. Even after I had re-pasted and re-seated the cooler the temps were just to high for daily operation.

I did not see over 60c when stressing and with my hand on the heatsink it was barely warm I have not looked at this PC in a year or so as i said 2ndary PC my son and friends game on it but have zero stability issues. Not sure if it will help the OP but just thought I would give him and option for free or the 10 or less bucks to get the conductive ink. And you know netburst was a heck of a spaceheater anyway :) Prescott was killer when overclocked LOL. These core 2's dont make much heat at least not till the quads anyway..

T
  12. Im gonna do the mod, im ordering the defogger repair kit since there is no place here that sales that :( I spent the whole day looking for it. But as soon as I get it next week Ill post results :)
  13. Im doing the 333Mhz (1333 FSB) pan mod

If it works, Ill buy the fan right away. If not stick with it for a while.

Thanks Thently for the link, great help.
  14. if it doesn't work you might need to do the volt mod, I don't have any links but it's the same as the pin mod but different pins, it's for the volt of the cpu.
  15. do you have an idea on how to do that?
  16. Thently did you had to volt mod when you overclocked your Vostro?
  17. Best answer
    Yes I did I am finding it hard to find the whole list I had back when I did this but here is a link to 2 diffrent voltages I did the firsts one.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498167&page=9

Look for a post by JS1 with pictures
  18. Ok first attempt no good. I used Loctite - Rear Window Defogger Tab Adhesive (21351). The problem is that it has two parts to mix in order for it to work, after 4 hours of application it was clear that it didn't bond at all. Next step Ill get a circuit pen to do the pin mod. I'm almost sure I cant get it locally so It'll take me a couple days to get my hands on it.
  19. Do anyone know what VID I would need on E4300 to overclock from 200 to 333 (800 to 1333FSB)? Stock is 1.325 V.

20. Try 1.375. It's what I used on my E4500 and was stable at 1066 on a p45 chipset mobo. Didn't want to go higher since I was selling the chip and didn't want to burn it up.

http://forum.****/overclocking/12426-e4300-1333fsb-mod.html
  21. hundredislandsboy said:
    Try 1.375. It's what I used on my E4500 and was stable at 1066 on a p45 chipset mobo. Didn't want to go higher since I was selling the chip and didn't want to burn it up.

http://forum.****/overclocking/12426-e4300-1333fsb-mod.html

that link is incomplete, cant access it.
  22. Sorry. I think THG filters out some of the other forums but Google has so many links to your specific issue with the E4300 hitting 1333 fsb wall.
  23. Ok guys Ive finally received today the CircuitWriter. I did the 266Mhz 1033 FSB mod. Total success, computer started without any issue.

This is the pin mod I did...

No voltage mod needed :)

I dont think I would need a better fan than the stock one. Highest temp its around 60C, avg is around 40C, almost the same as before...

I would recommend this pin mod to anyone who has the E4300 processor, Ill trial this mod extensively, after will do the 3.0Ghz mod on it, thanks all for the help.
  24. You coulda also try using programs to overclock such as setfsb but it may be old
  25. ubernoobie said:
    You coulda also try using programs to overclock such as setfsb but it may be old

Cant do it on a Dell, must be a pin mod in order to over clock.
  26. Best answer selected by Panama TJ.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Core Dell Overclocking