Striker Formula II

kivex

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
First of all my english and computer hardware info is not very good.
My computer is
processor: Q9550
font: corsair 750w
motherboard: formula striker II
video card: hd 4870
ram ddr2 corsair 2x2GB 1066mhz
hd 750gb sata (sataII i guess i dunno, its from seagate)

well all stuff here seem to work well, but it looks like the motherboard don't acept the ram (what i tried to understand from other topics) also they say they can change the voltage etc.

well when i run it, my technic friend said it freezes before he can press F hotkey for BIOS, like it crashes on BIOS or something like that.
I wanna know if
1 I need to change this motherboard to another (because its broken),

2 Change to another one (i really like ASUS ones..),

3 Change the ram (which will cost me less, i need to know the rules if i have to do this one)

4 Solve the problem changing those voltage and that NB that i have no idea what is (notebook or notherboard :p)

On my country its very expensive to buy these stuff it's like i waste so much for it but can't make it run, please help ;)

So you just built this?

Yes, your motherboard is probably not making the right settings for your RAM.

First, try with just one stick of RAM. If that does not work try the other stick.

If you can get into the BIOS with just one stick, you can then make the changes you need so that the RAM runs the right way.

NB stands for northbridge. It is part of your motherboard, but you should not have to adjust the NB voltage.

Just make the DRAM timings and voltage the same as what your RAM sticks want.
Corsair makes more than one type of DDR2 1066 2x2GB kit, so you must be more specific here or look up the settings yourself.

If you still cannot boot with one stick of RAM, find some other DDR2 to borrow so that you can get into the BIOS and make the changes for your RAM.

kivex

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
ok i'll try it, thanks bro you really helped me
i'll pay someone to make it since they should have other ddr2 and can make as you said, checking better the ram it was written Dominator, so its 2x2gb 1066mhz dominator, i think that might help with the description you need ;), i knew that when i bought it but passed a little time since i bought 1 by 1 for the last 8 months