GTX 260 Core 216

Hello, I'm interested in buying a GTX 260 Core 216 from Newegg. What manufacturer would you suggest for optimal performance and bang for the buck?

Also, will the stock cooling of an Antec Twelve Hundred Case be able to keep this card cool (especially the factory overclocked ones) or would I have to purchase extra cooling for long sessions of gameplay on CoD4 and such?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048%201305520548%20106792634%201369844342&bop=And&Order=PRICE

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about core
  1. i would go EVGA. best support, equal warranty, also a 90 day step up program. you wont have heat issues with a 260. neither of mine get hot playing for hours straight.
  2. roofus said:
    i would go EVGA. best support, equal warranty, also a 90 day step up program. you wont have heat issues with a 260. neither of mine get hot playing for hours straight.

Regular core 216 or the superclocked?
  3. Another +1 for EVGA. The warranty and the step up program are great.
  4. well with the superclocked, you eliminate the possibility of not being able to get a vanilla card to the superclocked speed. i generally will chance it and buy the regular card and overclock it myself. as you will see, most people succeed on obtaining those same clock speeds. its always possible you could be the unlucky one lol
  5. Another 1 for EVGA, I haven't gotten a card yet that couldn't clock higher than anything from the factory.
  6. I've always gone with BFG. I currently have a BFG 8800GTX and love it to death. However, I recently ordered 3x EVGA GTX 260 216 Core Superclocked Edition along with a EVGA X58 motherboard that will come in monday. If I were you I'd narrow my choices between XFX, BFG, and of course EVGA. My personal pick would be BFG. Reason I went with EVGA this time around was the bundle deal they had going on. Couldn't beat it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Core Cooling Graphics Product