Acer eRecovery won't complete..need help

G

Yesterday, my Acer Aspire5532 randomly crashed. When it restarted, it wouldn't boot in any mode. Now i'm trying to reinstall windows 7 using acer's eRecovery management. After choosing to completely restore system to factory defaults, I can choose the partition, and the restore progress begins. TAs it begins, I recieve the message:

Restoration failed - Error code=1005(the volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.)

Is my hard drive ready to be tossed, or might there be any way to complete the installation? Thanks in advance.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
You will probably have to re-format the hard drive. I have not installed win 7, so I cannot give you step by step for that, but you should be able to do so. If you have data which you need on the drive, it might be worth it getting spinrite from grc, which is supposed to fix most problems like yours.

Snuffy

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Yesterday, my Acer Aspire5532 randomly crashed. When it restarted, it wouldn't boot in any mode. Now i'm trying to reinstall windows 7 using acer's eRecovery management. After choosing to completely restore system to factory defaults, I can choose the partition, and the restore progress begins. TAs it begins, I recieve the message:

Restoration failed - Error code=1005(the volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.)

Is my hard drive ready to be tossed, or might there be any way to complete the installation? Thanks in advance.

what you need to do is have the Drivers for the HDD ready to install via USB drive... boot to USB install the Drivers,, then reboot and restore.

birchy65

Reputable
May 16, 2015
I also have this problem....I have just got hold of recovery discs for my D150 Acer Aspire One and the same error comes up with that, also got hold of a Windows XP disc (as that is what was installed on my Acer) and it does the same with that....I changed the boot sequence to boot from USB drive but the system always goes into Acer eRecovery System so I don't think it even attempts to run the discs. I'm getting ready to bin the Acer now as I've spent too much time on it already.