Sign in with
Your question

Acer eRecovery won't complete..need help

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 1, 2010 10:34:07 AM

Yesterday, my Acer Aspire5532 randomly crashed. When it restarted, it wouldn't boot in any mode. Now i'm trying to reinstall windows 7 using acer's eRecovery management. After choosing to completely restore system to factory defaults, I can choose the partition, and the restore progress begins. TAs it begins, I recieve the message:

Restoration failed - Error code=1005(the volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.)

Is my hard drive ready to be tossed, or might there be any way to complete the installation? Thanks in advance.
a b G Storage
May 1, 2010 12:51:31 PM

You will probably have to re-format the hard drive. I have not installed win 7, so I cannot give you step by step for that, but you should be able to do so. If you have data which you need on the drive, it might be worth it getting spinrite from grc, which is supposed to fix most problems like yours.
m
l
May 4, 2010 11:32:53 PM

Quote:
Yesterday, my Acer Aspire5532 randomly crashed. When it restarted, it wouldn't boot in any mode. Now i'm trying to reinstall windows 7 using acer's eRecovery management. After choosing to completely restore system to factory defaults, I can choose the partition, and the restore progress begins. TAs it begins, I recieve the message:

Restoration failed - Error code=1005(the volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.)

Is my hard drive ready to be tossed, or might there be any way to complete the installation? Thanks in advance.

what you need to do is have the Drivers for the HDD ready to install via USB drive... boot to USB install the Drivers,, then reboot and restore.
m
l
!