Logitech G5 stops working periodically HELP!!!!

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
i am having an annoying problem with my Logitech G5 v1 mouse that i had for over 2 years. For some reason, this started about a week ago, every so often it stops working. The sensitivity led light on the top turns off and and mouse becomes unresponsive for about 5 seconds. After 5 seconds it comes back on and all is good again. The light on the bottom however does not turn off during the ordeal. i really don't want to buy another mouse cus this one is just perfect for me... and i am pretty sure logitech does not make the original orange version anymore : ( HELP!!!

Things to try

-Try another USB port
-If you are on a USB hub, try on the computer. USB hubs are bad for strange things.
-Do you have another computer to try on?
-Is it possible that the wire for the mouse is semi screwed.

Does windows give you any notification to a usb device being disconnected and reconnected? By default there would be a sound to tell you this is happening.

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Tried, wasn't on hub,no, wire looks ok.
Nope, no notification.

i haven't been able to connect the problem to anything that i am doing, just happens randomly and specifically during games(L4D,TF2, COD5,CSS).

ganjasmk

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Man, I have had the sam problem! My mouse cut out like your's did also. One option you can try is this: Unplug the mouse from your USB port and let it sit for about a minute. After that, click the left and right mouse buttons repeatedly back and forth (alternating each button) for about 1 minute. This will deplete any electrical currents still holding in the capacitors of the mouse and hopefully devoid any problems electrical-wise (which could be some of the problem you're having). After that plug it back in and see if the problem persists.

If it does persist, contact Logitech and they will most likely replace it if you have original proof of purchase (box with price/serial code or receipt). If not, they'll at least give you a discount on buying a new one (I didn't have my receipt and got a 50% off coupon from them to buy a new one!)

If it does not persist you're happy you've fixed it!

This post reply is to a quite old question but maybe it'll help people who are looking at similar problems! Good luck!

tuned

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
i have this same problem. It looks like if i hard move the cable that goes in the mouse the mouse will die. Now i will buy Logitech G500 xD

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
RMA it, I had the same issue with my G7 wireless, where it would cut out and then reset to default configuration, with or without the drivers...

I had to get two RMAs for the new one to not break lol (between 1.5 years in them), they may be nice mouse, but something is up...