need a 500 dollar system

laytons

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
can someone put together a good build from newegg. under 500 dollars with widescreen monitor. for office and hd movie watching. i couldn't do it. can one of you. i don't care amd or intel.

i can build the rig, i just need the parts.

I like slom's list with the exception of the blu-ray drive. That's a bit of a luxury for a low budget machine. Get a $25 DVD burner instead and then you can get the 22" LCD.

OP, do you need to buy the OS too? If so, you might want to look at prebuilt because a window's license will eat $100 of your budget. There's always MythTV....

-Edit- Oh, I just read that the OP wants to watch HD movies... I retract my blu-ray comment :) Good list slom.

There is a deal on the Corsair RAM coming up, IIRC. It's going to be $39 shipped - $30 MIR = $9!! That would be something to jump on. It'll save you about $15 or so. Keep out an eye for the "Black Friday" ads and snatch up the good deals! You should save 10-30% on some parts, if they have them up for specials!!

slomo4sho

Distinguished

I think your referring to the 2gb ram...

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
yeah, get rid of the BRD drive and get an intel based system :D

btw, i have that exact 19" widescreen monitor, and its pretty good... very glary during the day though =.=

The OP stated that he wanted to watch HD movies, so the BRD is what is required by the OP. Yes an Intel build can be done, but will be hard pressed to match the options and price of the AMD rig.

TRENDING THREADS