Mondoman

Splendid
The CPU has a reputation as a good OCer, so those people who can't evaluate them for themselves search for the specific processor that all the "cool kids" use on the forums.

Mondoman

Splendid
That table has some obvious errors in it and looks like an old table that someone every now and then plugs some new info into to try to keep it semi up-to-date. It looks like a minor marketing page not intended to be comprehensive or a reference.

k1fox

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
That's ok. It's not a crime either way. Do y'all think the e7000 series is good though? I recently got the e7400 and its fast.

xsever

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
I think the E7x00 series are the best when it comes to performance/$.

I would not buy the E7500 for 140$ when I can get the E7400 for 120 and overclock it the way I want. You can get ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound for 7$, apply it instead of the stock one that comes with Intel's HSF, and that will be more than enough for a 3.2-3.5 Ghz overclock.

xsever

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
@ Mondoman

Yeah man. Go for it and report back with results please. I will be buying the same CPU pretty soon.
What motherboard are you overclocking it with?

xsever

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
If you keep your eyes on your temps and voltages, you should be fine. If reasonably increasing your processor's speed does not cause any high temp changes or requires more voltage, then you are safe. Keep that CPU cool and stable and you should be fine.

P.S: Stick to Intel or to the new Phenoms 2 for a better overclock.