random restarts on computer Help!

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
Hello. I have been having trouble with my computer that i built. It is about half a year old. Here are the specs
Dfi lanparty x38
Ocz crossifer ddr2 800 RAM
e7200
650 watt logisys psu
Vista home premium
radeon x1950xtx

I have already had to install new ram (from crucial ballistix ddr2 800 to the ocz crossfire ram)

Now my computer is randomly restarting whenever (at least it seems ) it needs to use any amount of ram

I have also had a BSOD on startup with this:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x0000000A (0X000054D4, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X81C5D2AA)

Can you help me identify the problem( i think its bad RAM)

Thanks, will

(i already posted this and people think it may be the psu and suggested trying a linux ive cd to test the RAM to be sure, but now i think it may be my PSU because of what they said)

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
My old DFI had ROM chip onboard to run Memtest...don't know if yours does.
Also are the Ram -and- the PSU both on the approved list from DFI?
DFI can be very picky about such things.

Are your voltages set correctly for everything and RAM times correct?

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
i have been running this setup for a while and it has been fine, and i have also tried installing the latest driver for my videocard, though not in safe mode, and it did the restart thing so what should i do first try the driver install?

The stop error your are getting is very likely related to one of two things. Your RAM or a system driver. So, for staters if it were my machine, I would install a different video driver. If you have the latest, install the one prior that worked fine. I would be sure to set up the RAM in BIOS to mfg. specifications. PC26400 is 2.1v, set the speed and timings to specs also. I would run memtest also to check for a bad DIMM. Other than that, hardware related concerns would require spare parts to troubleshoot any farther. Different RAM, PSU, video card, etc.