Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 HDD Cloning.

Last response: in Storage
May 2, 2010 5:12:06 AM

I was wondering what everyone, or anyone would recommend for a "Bootable Clone" of my current/ main HDD. I have a WDC Blue 320GB (Main) HDD and a WDC Green 640GB External HDD (External, meaning it needs a separate Power Supply) I have been using the External (640GB) drive for storage, but I recently came across "Cloning" of HDD's and I was wondering if I would be able to do that and with what program(s). Also, I would like to know the reliability of this procedure.

The reason I am asking is, I will be selling this computer and getting rid of everything, except the OS and selling the computer and I would like to make a copy of it, so I wouldn't have to "start from scratch," which is fun, but can be troublesome at times. Also, I could download all of the appropriate Drivers for my new computer (another custom build) so I can just install them, right away, by taking the External HDD out of the Enclosure and plug it into my Motherboard. Also, when, this is done, does it make an exact clone, or does it skip out on some things? i.e. programs, games, pictures, folders, documents; or everything is cloned?

More info: I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit(I'm buying another copy, don't worry)

And last but not least, I would install the other HDD's I will be getting with the new computer, format them and be able to transfer everything from my External, to the 2 new drives, by cloning? Or a different way? I would like to keep one drive separate (out of the case) to save files and such, for a back up. I've never dealt with multiple disks before, I've only recently bought the External.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message/ question and I appreciate any help that you guys can give me.

CFTait

More about : windows hdd cloning

May 2, 2010 11:43:32 AM

Well, I did it by myself; thanks for all of the...... views.
m
l
!