Sign in with
Your question

Windows cannot find YoUnIK ExE

Last response: in Windows XP
April 26, 2011 11:24:18 AM

Hello,
I get the above error when i attach my USB external 250GB drive, when i click on the icon for the drive in in the MyComputer.

HELP !
April 28, 2011 11:51:03 AM

That looks like a HW install problem, not all external HDs are plug and play. If you don't have an install disk, go to mfg. website and download drivers, then install and re-boot with drive on ! Given the error, always disconnect from "Safely Remove Hardware" first before pushing the off button.
m
l
a b 8 Security
April 29, 2011 2:40:13 PM

Run a virus and spyware scan, include the external drive. Sounds like something changed the autorun setting on the drive to run that file on access.
m
l
Related resources
May 6, 2011 2:17:01 AM

Cyberat_88 said:
That looks like a HW install problem, not all external HDs are plug and play. If you don't have an install disk, go to mfg. website and download drivers, then install and re-boot with drive on ! Given the error, always disconnect from "Safely Remove Hardware" first before pushing the off button.

Actually, this is a plug and play external HD. I've used it before. Its just that the USB was not working /recognizing anything plugged there, and the hardware person checked and found somecable loose and fixed it. This is a front USB, and not the rear one which is built in . I tried connecting the HD to the rear USB port, and the problem was the same.
m
l
a b 8 Security
May 6, 2011 3:11:34 PM

If you right-click on the drive, and select Open or Explore, does that work? Did you do the virus scan on the system, including the external drive?
m
l
!