Bojingles03

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Ok so I guess I jsut may be too timid and easily scared, because all my friends think im crazy for worrying about this, but you tell me....

I overclocked my phenom II x4 955 to 3.8 ghz on stock voltage, ran prime95 for about 9 hours with no errors, and everything runs fine, boots fine etc.

I get 48c max temp at full load, 29 - 32c at idle according to CoreTemp, and based on what I've read this is pretty low... like Ive been seeing 54c at max instead of my paltry 48c (Which it only hits in the first 30 mins, and then drops after that)

So my worry is... am i using the wrong program for temps? Could I have an issue even though it shows such low temps? Am I just lucky?

Solution
I doubt you'd have issues with the overclock. Turning up no errors in Prime95 is a good sign.

You could try everest to check your temps as a second opinion. (It ain't free but you can try it for 30 days)

Worse case, coretemp could be reading 10c too low which would mean 39 - 42c idle(which is fine) and 58c max (which is reach the upper limit but not too the point that's it's very dangerous)

You might just have good cooling, good airflow.

dybid21

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I doubt you'd have issues with the overclock. Turning up no errors in Prime95 is a good sign.

You could try everest to check your temps as a second opinion. (It ain't free but you can try it for 30 days)

Worse case, coretemp could be reading 10c too low which would mean 39 - 42c idle(which is fine) and 58c max (which is reach the upper limit but not too the point that's it's very dangerous)

You might just have good cooling, good airflow.

Solution