AGP 2.0 slot

OK, here's the deal. I'm trying to upgrade my video card from the old GeForce FX5200. I want to play World of Warcraft. The rest of my computer meets the minimum requirements; 512MB RAM, and a P4 processor hyper-thread. I've got an AGP 2.0 slot.

I've got a 300W power supply, so I've been looking for cards that have a minimum requirement of 250W and the best I come up with is the GeGorce FX6200. It is above the Geforce FX5700 recomendation. But I have heard the frame rate is bad for that card. So I look into the 300W minimum and I find the GeForce 6600, 6600GT, 7300GS and GT. But when I see the $150-$200 price tag I run the other way. When I do find one under $100 it's sold out.

At this point I'm thinking; Should I spend the dough to upgrade the power supply and video card, or just break down and spend the $500 to get a PCI-E gamer computer from TigerDirect.com.

So my question to you guy's is; Is there any one out there that has a Geforce FX6200, and does it hold up well enough to play warcraft OK? I figure that It would be playable at a 15-20 FPS in cities, towns, and populated areas. Or can you steer me in the direction of a 250W-300W GeForce 7series AGP 2.0 slot video card? Or would it be worth it to upgrade the power supply and video card at the same time? Or should I just get another computer?
2 answers Last reply
More about slot
  1. the geforce 6200 is wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaak.
    go for at least a 6600gt or AGP 2600xt. if you can find one.
    i have a PSU calculator that might help you find out how much power you would be using. i think it has all of nvidia's grpahics cards as well.
    http://extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp
  2. don't waste your money on an upgrade, spending the $500 and built a budget gaming computer, it will be much more worth your money and time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Geforce Graphics Product