Please check out my website.

geeksource

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Hello everyone on TomsHardware I would like to invite you all to promote my computer website. I just started it and I'm 19 years old, I'm going to college for computers right now, and I need some people to be moderators for it, and to give me advice on it. Please just sign up!!!

Thank you all who sign up.

My website is:

GeekSource.webs.com

This is not spam I really want to create a wonderful website like this one. Please post on my website, and maybe tomshardware and I could become friends later on. Thanks... Bye.....

Ryun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
First and foremost: spellchecker is your best friend! Right off the bat I encountered numerous spelling and grammatical errors; if you want to come off as a reputable business, or even a good source for tech info this is a must.

Secondly, I noticed you used many logos from major manufacturers in the business. What I did not see was a citation, or a disclaimer saying "All logos are copyright of their respective owners." Since you're seeking profit from this website that could come back to bite you later.

Good luck with you business and website.

geeksource

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Thank you, you helped me so much! Please review our website again to tell me if I made any more mistakes. Please thank you so much.

Is English a second language for you? The grammar in most of what you write would suggest perhaps your primary language is not English. That may contribute to the problem Ryun mentioned in regards to trying to make your business appear reputable.

Also, I was surprised to see the video links you have are taken from TigerDirect.com. That, combined with the use of copy protected / trademarked logos is not a good thing. If you're trying to run a for-profit business, and get yourself noticed, you could face lawsuit.

Also, it would appear your website is hosted by one of those free blog sites (like Blogger). Personally, I'd never do online business with a company that doesn't have its own true domain name at least (domain names are extremely easy to get too).

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
yeah, i haven't actually watched those videos, but if i'm not mistaken they are made by TigerDirectBlog... they pay those people for those vids. they aren't free to copy and paste. you will be sued if they find out.