Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Chkdsk Keeps running at startup with no errors

Last response: in Windows XP
April 26, 2011 10:13:50 PM

Hello,
I know that most will answer with use chkdsk /x and that will stop yes but it doesn't cure it after doing that you can never run defrag again. I need a cure once before I found it but I forget how now. There is a way to force chkdsk into marking the drive clean again someone must know how to do this.I do not want to put a bandage on the problem I want to cure it.
April 28, 2011 5:51:29 PM

There's a lot of missing information here, like which drive is it checking, did you format your drives NTFS, did you leave formatting at default block size ?
Score

Best solution

April 28, 2011 6:27:15 PM

Here you go. Method 2 is probably the culprit/fix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831426
Related resources
May 5, 2011 8:56:29 AM

Cyberat_88 said:
There's a lot of missing information here, like which drive is it checking, did you format your drives NTFS, did you leave formatting at default block size ?

There is no missing information.I have asked the question for which I need an answer and I know someone will know it.How you figure I am missing information is beyond me I restarted my system chkdsk started running on one of my drives I can stop it with chkdsk /x but the drive is marked as dirty and it is not and there is a way to force it back to clean thats it nothing more
Score
May 5, 2011 8:58:51 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
Here you go. Method 2 is probably the culprit/fix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831426

Yes that's it that's the answer I was looking for I knew some one had to know it.
I had forgotten it thank you so much yes you right it was method 2 that I needed that stop's it from checking the drive over and over again now I can defrag thanks a ton. Some how that part of the registry can get stuck and the only thing you can do to cure it is what it says Thanks again so much I won't forget again lol.
Score
May 5, 2011 8:59:08 AM

Best answer selected by Gate420.
Score
!