TS2--Saving/Packaging Sims?

Hello all,

If I create a Sim in the game, not in the stand alone Body Shop, is there a
way to package it? I know that houses are easy enough to do but I don't see
a way to do individual people. Any advice, or isn't it possible unless the
sim is created in the stand alone Body Shop?

Thanks for your input! :-)
14 answers Last reply
More about saving packaging sims

    "Annie" <Annie@nothere.com> wrote in message

    > If I create a Sim in the game, not in the stand alone Body Shop, is there
    > a way to package it? I know that houses are easy enough to do but I don't
    > see a way to do individual people. Any advice, or isn't it possible
    > unless the sim is created in the stand alone Body Shop?

    SimPE from http://sims.ambertation.de/ can do this. Use the 'Sims Surgery'
    tool to export individual sims from your neighborhoods to your SavedSims
    folder and have them show up alongside the ones Maxis supply and any you
    made in Body Shop. I've used this to clone some of the built-in characters
    so I can use them in other places. :-)

    Not with the game, no.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Gryfallon" <doomdark@hotNOmailSPAM.comTHANKS> wrote in message
    > "Annie" <Annie@nothere.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> If I create a Sim in the game, not in the stand alone Body Shop, is there
    >> a way to package it? I know that houses are easy enough to do but I
    >> don't see a way to do individual people. Any advice, or isn't it
    >> possible unless the sim is created in the stand alone Body Shop?
    >
    > SimPE from http://sims.ambertation.de/ can do this. Use the 'Sims Surgery'
    > tool to export individual sims from your neighborhoods to your SavedSims
    > folder and have them show up alongside the ones Maxis supply and any you
    > made in Body Shop. I've used this to clone some of the built-in characters
    > so I can use them in other places. :-)

    Ohhh. Is that how it works?? I was trying to move them to BodyShop then back
    into the game where I left off. 8(
    Now wonder I was going cross-eyed.
    My desktop is full of pink aliens. 8))

    Granny.

    "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Ohhh. Is that how it works?? I was trying to move them to BodyShop then
    > back into the game where I left off. 8(
    > Now wonder I was going cross-eyed.
    > My desktop is full of pink aliens. 8))

    Personally I really don't like Body Shop. Seems like it takes almost as long
    as the game itself to load, and yet offers in my opinion a way inferior
    interface for making sims.

    > SimPE from http://sims.ambertation.de/ can do this. Use the 'Sims Surgery'
    > tool to export individual sims from your neighborhoods to your SavedSims
    > folder and have them show up alongside the ones Maxis supply and any you
    > made in Body Shop. I've used this to clone some of the built-in characters
    > so I can use them in other places. :-)

    Thank you SO much! :-)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:55:34 GMT, "Gryfallon"
    <doomdark@hotNOmailSPAM.comTHANKS> wrote:

    >"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >> Ohhh. Is that how it works?? I was trying to move them to BodyShop then
    >> back into the game where I left off. 8(
    >> Now wonder I was going cross-eyed.
    >> My desktop is full of pink aliens. 8))
    >
    >Personally I really don't like Body Shop. Seems like it takes almost as long
    >as the game itself to load, and yet offers in my opinion a way inferior
    >interface for making sims.

    I actually prefer BodyShop. For one thing, at least a couple of
    things seem to be missing in the game family creation thing:
    cheekbones up/down and cheekbones out/in. These are in the
    face-tweaking section of BodyShop, but I couldn't find them at all in
    the game. I don't know if there are any other discrepancies.

    I also just prefer the BodyShop interface. This is just a personal
    preference, nothing I could really point to reasons for. But I tend
    to create Sims in BodyShop and have them available to use when I go to
    make a family in the game.

    BW

    > "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >> Ohhh. Is that how it works?? I was trying to move them to BodyShop then
    >> back into the game where I left off. 8(
    >> Now wonder I was going cross-eyed.
    >> My desktop is full of pink aliens. 8))
    >
    > Personally I really don't like Body Shop. Seems like it takes almost as
    > long as the game itself to load, and yet offers in my opinion a way
    > inferior interface for making sims.
    Compared to what?

    GCA

    >> Personally I really don't like Body Shop. Seems like it takes almost as
    >> long as the game itself to load, and yet offers in my opinion a way
    >> inferior interface for making sims.
    > Compared to what?

    Compared to the built-in "create a family" part in the game. Of course I'm
    only talking about making sims themselves. I haven't touched the
    clothes-designing part owing to not having an artistic bone in my body. :p

    > "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>> Personally I really don't like Body Shop. Seems like it takes almost as
    >>> long as the game itself to load, and yet offers in my opinion a way
    >>> inferior interface for making sims.
    >> Compared to what?
    >
    > Compared to the built-in "create a family" part in the game. Of course I'm
    > only talking about making sims themselves. I haven't touched the
    > clothes-designing part owing to not having an artistic bone in my body. :p
    Drat! I was hoping you would mention some whizz new face-mangling program I
    haven;t seen yet.
    The thing with BodyShop, is that if you want to make a distorted face, like
    the Simpsons mob, it is good for tweaking small things that don;t appear in
    the family part.
    I am glad you typed 'family'; I can never remember how many 'Ls' there are.

    As for the clothes... I haven;t got bored anough with the game yet to try
    bodging the alpha maps.
    Mind, I was brooding about an Al-fresco family and would rather like a
    leather loin cloth. Could make one from them floppy swimming trunks for the
    men, and scrag up a mini skirt for the women.
    if I could be bothered....
    Lazy cow.

    Back to the fray...
    Granny.

    <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    > I actually prefer BodyShop. For one thing, at least a couple of
    > things seem to be missing in the game family creation thing:
    > cheekbones up/down and cheekbones out/in. These are in the
    > face-tweaking section of BodyShop, but I couldn't find them at all in
    > the game. I don't know if there are any other discrepancies.

    Now that I didn't know. I don't do a fantastic amount of tweaking of sims'
    faces though, beyond fixing the trout-pouts most of them seem to show up
    with. Does Maxis have a thing about big lips? Maybe I should give Body Shop
    another look.

    > I also just prefer the BodyShop interface. This is just a personal
    > preference, nothing I could really point to reasons for.

    The main thing that put me off it was how sluggish the whole thing felt
    compared to the in-game interface. It just felt so wrong to me that a
    standalone designing tool should be slower than a complete game engine. :-S

    The other advantage of Bodyshop is that you can package the sims
    individually - then you can also import one or more copies of the same sim
    into the game (twins) and if you want to play a particular sim again, you
    can just resurrect it from Bodyshop.

    I do all my basic making of sims in Bodyshop and then tweak them in Create A
    Sim in which, I agree, it's easier to see what you're doing and the graphics
    seem to show up better - at least in my game.

    I KNOW what you mean about the pouty lips though; I hate them and also the
    smiley-smiley mouths. All my sims frown just to spite Maxis.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I actually prefer BodyShop. For one thing, at least a couple of
    > > things seem to be missing in the game family creation thing:
    > > cheekbones up/down and cheekbones out/in. These are in the
    > > face-tweaking section of BodyShop, but I couldn't find them at all in
    > > the game. I don't know if there are any other discrepancies.
    >
    > Now that I didn't know. I don't do a fantastic amount of tweaking of sims'
    > faces though, beyond fixing the trout-pouts most of them seem to show up
    > with. Does Maxis have a thing about big lips? Maybe I should give Body
    Shop
    > another look.
    >
    > > I also just prefer the BodyShop interface. This is just a personal
    > > preference, nothing I could really point to reasons for.
    >
    > The main thing that put me off it was how sluggish the whole thing felt
    > compared to the in-game interface. It just felt so wrong to me that a
    > standalone designing tool should be slower than a complete game engine.
    :-S

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:15:17 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    <snip>

    >I KNOW what you mean about the pouty lips though; I hate them and also the
    >smiley-smiley mouths. All my sims frown just to spite Maxis.

    Most of mine frown because it seems normal. Who smiles all the time?
    Maybe I'm just a grump. And I hate it when you create frowning or
    neutral Sims but they're smiling in the family screen when you go in
    the game. Okay, I really am just a grump.

    BW

    no no you're not a grump - I'm with you there. Neutral, passive faces are
    normal - smiley-smiley ones are not. Frowns are also normal, especially if
    people are stressed - which most of us are. The smiley people make me sick.

    And if anyone says *I'm* a grump, I'll come over there and poke you in the
    eye!

    Mutter mutter
    Maxon

    > On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:15:17 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >I KNOW what you mean about the pouty lips though; I hate them and also
    the
    > >smiley-smiley mouths. All my sims frown just to spite Maxis.
    >
    > Most of mine frown because it seems normal. Who smiles all the time?
    > Maybe I'm just a grump. And I hate it when you create frowning or
    > neutral Sims but they're smiling in the family screen when you go in
    > the game. Okay, I really am just a grump.
    >
    > BW

    LoL
    I agree, all of my characters have normal faces..
    There is no such thing as a person who smiles all the time
    And if there is , they are robots not real people at all.

    I've discovered the benefits of creating Sims in Bodyshop
    But there is so much I still have to learn!
    It is the most non user friendly program I have ever known!
    For shame Maxis!

    --
    - D
    "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > no no you're not a grump - I'm with you there. Neutral, passive faces are
    > normal - smiley-smiley ones are not. Frowns are also normal, especially
    > if
    > people are stressed - which most of us are. The smiley people make me
    > sick.
    >
    > And if anyone says *I'm* a grump, I'll come over there and poke you in the
    > eye!
    >
    > Mutter mutter
    > Maxon
    >
    > <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:15:17 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> >I KNOW what you mean about the pouty lips though; I hate them and also
    > the
    >> >smiley-smiley mouths. All my sims frown just to spite Maxis.
    >>
    >> Most of mine frown because it seems normal. Who smiles all the time?
    >> Maybe I'm just a grump. And I hate it when you create frowning or
    >> neutral Sims but they're smiling in the family screen when you go in
    >> the game. Okay, I really am just a grump.
    >>
    >> BW

Sims Games Video Games