Pop Up Blocker

April 3, 2004 9:04:00 AM

Hi, need to log on to my work website as i have more the
last 6 months on this computer. must have been some
recent update by microsoft that deployed some sort
of "pop-up blocker" (or I mistakenly did it myself).
nonetheless, b/c there is a security question (in the
form of a pop up issued by my firm's website to proceed,
I can't seem to continue on the site to log in. does
anyone know where it is that I go on to disable the pop
up blocker? many thanks. dan

More about : pop blocker

Anonymous
April 3, 2004 10:34:29 AM

Greetings --

You'll need to consult the Help files or instructions that came
with whatever 3rd-party pop-up blocker you've installed. Microsoft
does not provide one, as yet. (Upon the release and installation of
WinXP's Service Pack 2, pop-up blocking capability will be added to
Internet Explorer, at long last.)

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Dan M." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, need to log on to my work website as i have more the
> last 6 months on this computer. must have been some
> recent update by microsoft that deployed some sort
> of "pop-up blocker" (or I mistakenly did it myself).
> nonetheless, b/c there is a security question (in the
> form of a pop up issued by my firm's website to proceed,
> I can't seem to continue on the site to log in. does
> anyone know where it is that I go on to disable the pop
> up blocker? many thanks. dan
Anonymous
April 3, 2004 10:12:28 PM

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 05:04:00 -0800, Dan M. wrote:

> b/c there is a security question (in the
> form of a pop up issued by my firm's website to proceed,
> I can't seem to continue on the site to log in.

Since I can't see what the popup looks like I have to guess at what it is
but it sounds like this is something new coming from the server and not
caused by something new added to your system.

OR

If you have maintained stored credentials for the site, it's possible that
there was a timing glitch in the authentication process. Solution: Re-enter
name and password to gain access. Or your protected storage is damaged and
you need to re-enter user name password.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User