Best set up for fans ina CM Stacker 830?

iai29081

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
I have a CM Stacker 830 SE ssn-3 and er... 8 fans, what is the best setup for this case?

Right now it is :
Top & Rear fans blowing out
PSU fan sort of blowing out air.
Front 2 fans blowing in air

and 4 side fans blowing in (but barely on as I don't know what setup for them).

All fans except PSU and one of the Front are 1920ish RPM, the second from fan is around 1080rpm. so it is negative pressure I guess

Also does pressure mean anything ? like will having 6 fans blowing in damage the other fans by putting strain on them ?

Thanks alot

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
6 in and 3 out means = positive pressure.

Positive pressure is good for keeping out dust, assuming you have filters on the intakes. Negative pressure is a little better for cooling.

I would change all the intake (or even all the fans) to ~1000rpm unless you don't mind the noise. Scythe, Yate Loon, Nexus and Noctua fans are nice.

iai29081

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Well the noise isn't too bad I don't mind it too much, what about all side fans blow in with everything else blowing out ?

Thanks for the reply.

iai29081 - The airflow example in your second post is going to be mixed up. You're better off using the typical airflow configuration of in the bottom front and out the top rear. It creates something similar to a wind tunnel effect. Fans on the side panel can blow some extra air on the cpu, chipsets, and video card.