Recover data lacie nas hard drive

Fernman

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Hello,
My LaCie Mini NAS Gigabit drive broke down. I replaced the power supply but to no avail. I removed the Hard Drive and directly placed it to a Windows computer and it read "BootMgr missing". I know the Hard drive is fine my question is since this is a single Hard Drive (no RAID), if I purchase a USB enclosure would a ubuntu linux computer access my files to copy elsewhere?

passexa12mmer

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Right! Use it as a slave drive to copy off your inner files.
However, sometime, you may be also asked to format it because of a “not formatted error” message. That’s to say, you cannot access your data unless you format it.
Therefore, in this case, you need a data recovery freeware to get back you data at firstly and then forma it.
To be honest, this freeware has helped recovering my drive from the “not formatted” drive. It is super easy and efficient. Go try it!
Note for you:
1. Stop writing anything new on this slave drive to avoid original data overwritten by new data, which can make your data go permanently.
2. Save your recovered data on a different drive in case of recovery failure.
3. Not forget to format this drive to make it workable.
4. Back up your data regularly in the future.

MOlis77

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

Thank you for your instruction. I have restored 99% of my files from NAS hard disk drive which has been accidentally formatted by mistake.

I come across this thread and downloaded the freeware. To my surprise, it did restored my nas disk files. Thank you THANK YOU...