GA-M61PME-S2

weezman3226

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I'm putting together a PC for my mother and I keep getting a 3 long beep code and then a continuous long beep code after that. I've checked the memory and the cpu and they both have checked out good. The video is integrated so if it's a video problem, then it's the mb itself right? please help me out on this. I'm pulling hair here... :fou:

bilbat

Splendid
I'll do some digging at Award, as a three anything beep code doesn't seem to appear here:

The following Award BIOS beep code descriptions may help you identify possible computer problems.
(For reference only.)
1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

Meanwhile, are all the components new? What have you got hooked up to it?

weezman3226

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I have taken everything out except cpu and psu to the mb. Everything is new so i wouldn't want to think it's another MB. the first one i bought new was no good and the company I bout it from said that it wasn't so I got screwed out of that. I can't believe that I purchased 2 bad mb's... the chances of just one is slim as is.

I get the same code with everything hooked up and then the same thing with nothing but the mb and cpu hooked up (obviously psu as well). i'm at a loss. The only think I can think of is the ram I bought isn't name brand so I don't know if the computer is able to recognize it or not.

cup

reverendryu

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
hey, i had the same problem, i reseated the memory n gfx card, and various other things, and it's now switched to continous long beeps, which it reckons is the gfx card not being properly inserted, but it does it without the gfx card in, with just the built in card it still beeps! any ideas?!!?

weezman3226

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I should have stated that i'm just using the integrated video unless i did already. i ordered a new stick or crucial ram to see if that works. if it doesn't.. then i think i'm guessing i'd be going on my second bad mb from new. :fou: