Sims 2 and parenting: Notes from someone who admittedly is..

Last response: in Video Games
January 15, 2005 3:08:23 AM

Disclaimer: I'm not a parent, but I play one on The Sims.

Sims are exasperating parents. They like to put their babies on the
floor and walk around them, even when the crib is nearby. I guess this
matches the mentality that puts dirty dishes on the floor even when
there's amply counter space in the room.

Sims, being that they have memories of gnats, like to do things like
pick up a crying baby intending to do change the diaper and wash the
baby, forget to wash the baby, put the baby on the floor and start
waving their hands in the air because they're hungry, forget they had
salmon in the oven before they started changing baby, have a fire break
out, have fireman come running in, nearly stepping on the baby, and then
go to sleep. It's amazing they breed at all. The dodo stood a better
chance against the forces of natural selection.

Then there's the baby itself. Do REAL babies have to have their diapers
changed THIS often??? Jesus Chrispas, the kid is nothing but a poop
machine. That's what Cassandra should have named her--Poop Machine
Goth. As it is, I chose Bella, named after Simville's most famous
nutcase. And the kid herself--a face only a mother with serious myopia
trouble could love. I'm not kidding, it looks like something from the
reptile house at the zoo. Have other of y'all mated your Cassandras
with your Darren Dreamers and if so, has the baby been something out of
Friday the 13th, Part XXVIII?

Then there's the odd fact that my Cassandra Sim has the family
aspiration, which is why I tried to hard to get her married and pregnant
(suceeding at only half), yet it's Dina Goth, with the money
aspirations, and now-teenager Alexander Goth (with stubbe and goatee),
with the popularity aspirations, who spend all their time taking care
of, playing with, cuddling, and changing the baby. Cassandra spends
most of her time playing video games upstairs and fighting with Dina.
(And why is it that so many of us seemingly have hooked up our Dina
Calientes with Mortimer? Not Gina, who in my game just had a [flawless]
marriage to Don Lothario, complete with honeymoon. But it seems like
the Dina/Mortimer combination is a natural. I even had Dina bleach her
already-phony hair blonder. She wears nothing but tight jeans and tank
tops for Morty. --Is that a rocket in his gymsuit or is he just glad
she went on a spending spree at the Jordache store?) Anyway, the
trouble with everyone else constantly playing with the baby is that the
damned thing never gets to sleep. Every time Cassandra sets Bella down
quietly in the crib and tucks her in some other idiot comes over and
picks her up again and starts doing the "hochie-coochie-smoochie" thing.
It's not easy to get a Sim to voluntarily come by when the thing is
green and stinky from a wet diaper, though. I guess some things are the
same in the Sim as well as real world.

Sigh...how many days before the thing morphs to the next stage? Not
that that'll be any easier.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:Sigh...how many days before the thing
morphs to the next stage? Not that that'll be any easier.

It takes 3 sim days from baby to child,I believe.
Munch.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 3:08:24 AM

\
> Then there's the baby itself. Do REAL babies have to have their diapers
> changed THIS often??? Jesus Chrispas, the kid is nothing but a poop
> machine. That's what Cassandra should have named her--Poop Machine Goth.

Mine go about once a day for a grand total of about three diaper changes
before they hit toddlerhood where the very first thing we do is potty train
them. I wish real babies went only once a day.

Gareeth
January 15, 2005 3:08:25 AM

> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
> message news:41E85E9D.7060704@earthlink.net...
> \
>> Then there's the baby itself. Do REAL babies have to have their
>> diapers changed THIS often??? Jesus Chrispas, the kid is nothing but
>> a poop machine. That's what Cassandra should have named her--Poop
>> Machine Goth.
>
> Mine go about once a day for a grand total of about three diaper
> changes before they hit toddlerhood where the very first thing we do
> is potty train them. I wish real babies went only once a day.
>
> Gareeth

One of my newborns went almost 16 hours before the first feeding. LOL
I began to worry! HA As far as staying babies, mine take 3 full days
before they
become toddlers, which by the way is a whole lot harder than messing
with babies. LOL

.......B
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 3:48:30 AM

I think they're only meant to spend one whole day as a baby but it seems
like at least 2 in my game, and then three days as a toddler, seven as a
child, 14 as a teen and then comes 24 (?) days of adulthood before old age.

MM

"munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:Sigh...how many days before the thing
morphs to the next stage? Not that that'll be any easier.

It takes 3 sim days from baby to child,I believe.
Munch.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 9:50:39 AM

> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> \
>> Then there's the baby itself. Do REAL babies have to have their diapers
>> changed THIS often??? Jesus Chrispas, the kid is nothing but a poop
>> machine. That's what Cassandra should have named her--Poop Machine Goth.
>
> Mine go about once a day for a grand total of about three diaper changes
> before they hit toddlerhood where the very first thing we do is potty
> train them. I wish real babies went only once a day.

Yes, I thought that. In fact at one point I got worried because the baby
'didn't' need a nappy change.

Granny.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 6:27:37 PM

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> \
>>> Then there's the baby itself. Do REAL babies have to have their diapers
>>> changed THIS often??? Jesus Chrispas, the kid is nothing but a poop
>>> machine. That's what Cassandra should have named her--Poop Machine
>>> Goth.
>>
>> Mine go about once a day for a grand total of about three diaper changes
>> before they hit toddlerhood where the very first thing we do is potty
>> train them. I wish real babies went only once a day.
>>
> Yes, I thought that. In fact at one point I got worried because the baby
> 'didn't' need a nappy change.
>
> Granny.

If my Sims can afford it, I have them hire a nanny immediately after the
birth and keep one there until the brat morphs into something interesting.
Ideally, the brat goes into a separate part of the house so they don't
notice it again except for an occasional bonding session so their points are
high enough to train it as a toddler.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 7:49:51 PM

"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message

> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Mine go about once a day for a grand total of about three diaper changes
>>> before they hit toddlerhood where the very first thing we do is potty
>>> train them. I wish real babies went only once a day.
>>>
>> Yes, I thought that. In fact at one point I got worried because the baby
>> 'didn't' need a nappy change.
>>
>> Granny.
>>
> If my Sims can afford it, I have them hire a nanny immediately after the
> birth and keep one there until the brat morphs into something interesting.

Blimey! And the nanny actually does some work?

> Ideally, the brat goes into a separate part of the house so they don't
> notice it again except for an occasional bonding session so their points
> are high enough to train it as a toddler.

You are part of the British Aristocracy and I claim my Five Pounds.
Me, being non-PC and any excuse not to go out to work, gives up Sims working
the second they are pregnant and child-rearing, training and tickling takes
first place; yeah, even unto the man dragging himself home from work and
'you know where the frige is, don;t you? Feed yourself, then.'

This system ran amuck, however when Marge had the Midwich Twins. 'You know
where the fridge is?' resulted in a panic attack of grand proportions, two
burned kitchens and a nervous breakdown.

Granny CApple

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 8:02:27 PM

> Disclaimer: I'm not a parent, but I play one on The Sims.
>
> Then there's the baby itself. Do REAL babies have to have their diapers
> changed THIS often??? Jesus Chrispas, the kid is nothing but a poop
> machine. ... And the kid herself--a face only a mother with serious
myopia
> trouble could love. I'm not kidding, it looks like something from the
> reptile house at the zoo.

Ah yes, welcome to the real world...

Best wishes
Maxon
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 8:42:46 PM

Nancy Scott wrote:

> If my Sims can afford it, I have them hire a nanny immediately after the
> birth and keep one there until the brat morphs into something interesting.
> Ideally, the brat goes into a separate part of the house so they don't
> notice it again except for an occasional bonding session so their points are
> high enough to train it as a toddler.

I wanted to hire a nanny, but since not all my Goth Sims work I can't
get one to come over regularly. I think you should get the option of a
regular nanny whether there's a Sim home or not. Sims need a break from
parenting.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Sims are strange parents: Mortimer Goth was playing with baby Bella when
he had to go to the bathroom. Rather than put down baby he kep playing
until his needs passed the critical stage. Then he put the baby on the
floor *and peed on the baby.* No joke; I have screen shots for anyone
who wants to see.

Then he walked away, whistling.

Cassandra continues to be The Worst Mother Ever. She barely plays with
her child, preferring to advance in work (she's almost at the top of the
medicine career) and leave parenting responsibilites to those in the
house who had nothing to do with her conception: Dina, Alexander and
Mortimer Goth. This despite the fact that she has a "family"
aspiration. (Not lately, it seems.)

Alexander is really something. He changes the baby, teaches her to talk
and walk, feeds her, potty trains, and plays with her *all
autonomously.* In fact, he fools around with her too much and the kid
rarely gets time to sleep. Dina is also very motherly, despite the fact
that she's the one with the "fortune" aspiration. She's done her share
of diaper-changing and baby-washing as well. All Cassandra does to show
her thanks is to occasionally pick a fight with her. What a bitch. No
wonder two men left her at the alter. They must have gotten word about
her left hook.

Little Bella is progressing very fast. She's almost walking, and she
loves to hear bedtime stories. She's maxed out on "nice" points so I
think she will be a really easy child to deal with (knock wood). That
is, unless her mother messes her up. I've been seriously thinking of
having Mortimer and Dina move out and take the kid with them. Oh, and
already Cassandra wants another one; she's got the family icon floating
about her head as she waves frantically at me, and picks up the flour
bag and does her thing. Yet her little four bag is right downstairs in
the crib, and she does very little with her. What a sad parent.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Sims are strange parents: Mortimer Goth was playing with baby Bella when
he had to go to the bathroom. Rather than put down baby he kept playing
[...]

Little Bella is progressing very fast, considering her mother is a
cornflake. She's almost walking, and she loves to hear bedtime stories.
She's maxed out on "nice" points so I think she will be a really easy
child to deal with (knock wood). That is, unless her mother messes her
up. I've been seriously thinking of having Mortimer and Dina move out
and take the kid with them. Oh, and already Cassandra wants another
one; she's got the family icon floating about her head as she waves
frantically at me, and picks up the flour bag and does her thing. Yet
her little flour bag is right downstairs in the crib, and she does very
little with her. What a sad parent.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 8:59:13 PM

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:59:12 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Sims are strange parents: Mortimer Goth was playing with baby Bella when
>he had to go to the bathroom. Rather than put down baby he kept playing
>until his needs passed the critical stage. Then he put the baby on the
>floor *and peed on the baby.* No joke; I have screen shots for anyone
>who wants to see.

Yes, please!

>Then he walked away, whistling.
>
>Cassandra continues to be The Worst Mother Ever. She barely plays with
>her child, preferring to advance in work (she's almost at the top of the
>medicine career) and leave parenting responsibilites to those in the
>house who had nothing to do with her conception: Dina, Alexander and
>Mortimer Goth. This despite the fact that she has a "family"
>aspiration. (Not lately, it seems.)
>
>Alexander is really something. He changes the baby, teaches her to talk
>and walk, feeds her, potty trains, and plays with her *all
>autonomously.* In fact, he fools around with her too much and the kid
>rarely gets time to sleep. Dina is also very motherly, despite the fact
>that she's the one with the "fortune" aspiration.

I hope my Alexander and Dina do as well, because I'm probably going to
have my Cassandra be a single mother too.

>She's done her share
>of diaper-changing and baby-washing as well. All Cassandra does to show
>her thanks is to occasionally pick a fight with her. What a bitch. No
>wonder two men left her at the alter. They must have gotten word about
>her left hook.
>
>Little Bella is progressing very fast, considering her mother is a
>cornflake. She's almost walking, and she loves to hear bedtime stories.
> She's maxed out on "nice" points so I think she will be a really easy
>child to deal with (knock wood). That is, unless her mother messes her
>up. I've been seriously thinking of having Mortimer and Dina move out
>and take the kid with them. Oh, and already Cassandra wants another
>one; she's got the family icon floating about her head as she waves
>frantically at me, and picks up the flour bag and does her thing. Yet
>her little flour bag is right downstairs in the crib, and she does very
>little with her. What a sad parent.

She sounds like one of my brothers-in-law. He wanted a family,
persuaded my sister to have the fourth child, but he doesn't do much
parenting.

BW
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 9:27:44 PM

Oh, and I should have added that after getting tired of playing so long
in the Goth house I decided to fire up the Pleasants. Daniel was kicked
out long ago for flirting with the maid, but Mary Sue, Angela and Lilith
still lived there, although now the teens were fully-grown. I left them
on and went to watch a little TV. Ten minutes later I come back and
there's a fire in the kitchen--apparently there wasn't an alarm
installed, which I could have sworn there was. Lilith had already
burned to death and Angela was currently on fire. I tried to get Mary
Sue to put Angela out, but before she could, death arrived to take her
away. (The "plead" option isn't available for long, and I missed it.)
Then Mary Sue found herself on fire, with no one there to put her out.
I watched her burn until Death came back. (I liked the old game better,
where you saw them engulfed in flame and "melting" while they screamed
hideously and flailed their arms.) Then the house was empty. I moved a
new family in and they're in the process of cleaning up and rebuilding
the kitchen, which was completely gutted. The Pleasant women are buried
in the yard. Dina Goth came by this morning to mourn.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Oh, and I should have added that after getting tired of playing so long
> in the Goth house I decided to fire up the Pleasants.

Sorry, just caught my own pun there! ;-)

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

> Nancy Scott wrote:
>
>> If my Sims can afford it, I have them hire a nanny immediately after the
>> birth and keep one there until the brat morphs into something
>> interesting. Ideally, the brat goes into a separate part of the house so
>> they don't notice it again except for an occasional bonding session so
>> their points are high enough to train it as a toddler.
>
> I wanted to hire a nanny, but since not all my Goth Sims work I can't get
> one to come over regularly. I think you should get the option of a
> regular nanny whether there's a Sim home or not. Sims need a break from
> parenting.
>
> --
> --Cuth

Use the "just for now" option and she will stick around for eight hours, I
think, then call again either when she goes off shift or just before. I've
had two nannies working in the house at the same time without problems.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 10:57:01 PM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Sigh...how many days before the thing morphs to the next stage? Not
> that that'll be any easier.

LOL Well I *am* a parent in real life, and I can tell you that
the toddler stage is the worst. Sim toddlers are far more annoying
than RL toddlers, IMO. In fact, I've gotten to the point where
I bypass the toddler stage altogether now with a hacked painting
I downloaded from MTS2. They only sleep for five minutes at a time,
and then while poor exhausted mom is still trying to get some rest, they
stand up in their cribs and yell "DAAADEEEE!" until I want to strangle
the obnoxious little monsters.

Laura
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 10:59:09 PM

>> If my Sims can afford it, I have them hire a nanny immediately after the
>> birth and keep one there until the brat morphs into something
>> interesting.
>
> Blimey! And the nanny actually does some work?

Fire the maid and she will clean in her spare time. It keeps her out of the
fridge and prevents her from wearing out the various entertainment devices.
Not as good as the butler in Sims1, but adequate.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:00:18 PM

Jay&B wrote:

> One of my newborns went almost 16 hours before the first feeding. LOL
> I began to worry! HA As far as staying babies, mine take 3 full days
> before they
> become toddlers, which by the way is a whole lot harder than messing
> with babies. LOL
>

> ......B

Geez, how'd you manage that? My families want to feed the darn
baby every minute! There are so many dirty bottles on the
kitchen floor that I've begun cancelling the "hold youngster"
action every time I see it. If there are two parents and a
couple of teens in the house, that baby would be 90 lbs
by the time it turned into a toddler!

Laura
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:00:19 PM

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Geez, how'd you manage that? My families want to feed the darn
> baby every minute! There are so many dirty bottles on the
> kitchen floor that I've begun cancelling the "hold youngster"
> action every time I see it. If there are two parents and a
> couple of teens in the house, that baby would be 90 lbs
> by the time it turned into a toddler!

Don't let them. Keep them busy with other things and just feed the baby when
it cires or when you think it would cry soon and want to get it over with.
It should only need to be fed a few times a day and then you should only
have to change it once a day or so. If you are totally desperate there is
even a leave that baby alone hack available that makes the sims ignore the
kid unless directed but I have not been that desperate preferring to leave
the most of the challenge in the game.

Gareeth
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:00:19 PM

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jay&B wrote:
>

>> One of my newborns went almost 16 hours before the first feeding. LOL
>> I began to worry! HA As far as staying babies, mine take 3 full days
>> before they
>> become toddlers, which by the way is a whole lot harder than messing
>> with babies. LOL
>>

>> ......B
>

> Geez, how'd you manage that? My families want to feed the darn
> baby every minute! There are so many dirty bottles on the
> kitchen floor that I've begun cancelling the "hold youngster"
> action every time I see it. If there are two parents and a
> couple of teens in the house, that baby would be 90 lbs
> by the time it turned into a toddler!
>
> Laura

I removed the fridge. LOL BUT.....I watched the baby in the crib and his
color, it
stayed green for 16 sim hours before it started crying, then I added the
fridge, and they
fed it. Sounded pretty good to me.

They overfeed the babies if you ask me. They don't no more get through
feeding and then want to feed some more.
I also noticed if a toddler cries, they want to go bathe them when
actually they just want a bottle. When I
have a hungry toddler and a baby with just a wet diaper, they will feed
the baby, ignore the toddler & ignore the
baby's wet diaper. LOL

.......B
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:02:39 PM

> I wanted to hire a nanny, but since not all my Goth Sims work I can't
> get one to come over regularly. I think you should get the option of a
> regular nanny whether there's a Sim home or not. Sims need a break from
> parenting.

I agree. It maddens me that I have to call a nanny every
evening so my Sim parents can get some sleep. And then, if there
are twins in the house, have to call for one every minute that
Dad isn't at work, *plus* the regularly scheduled one.

Laura
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:02:40 PM

> I agree. It maddens me that I have to call a nanny every
> evening so my Sim parents can get some sleep. And then, if there
> are twins in the house, have to call for one every minute that
> Dad isn't at work, *plus* the regularly scheduled one.

Excuse the last post if it went through. My fingers slipped on the keyboard
and managed to enable whatever makes it post with a keystroke. Anyway as I
was trying to say before that happened I have had nannies manage twin
toddlers and a baby and twin toddlers and a baby with no problem. She does
get less time to run around taking baths and stuffing her face but nothing
dire happens. A lot of my Sims are family aspirations so I get to see a nany
handling three quite often and they do seem to be able to manage it.

Gareeth

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:05:57 PM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Oh, and I should have added that after getting tired of playing so long
> in the Goth house I decided to fire up the Pleasants. Daniel was kicked
> out long ago for flirting with the maid, but Mary Sue, Angela and Lilith
> still lived there, although now the teens were fully-grown. I left them
> on and went to watch a little TV. Ten minutes later I come back and
> there's a fire in the kitchen--apparently there wasn't an alarm
> installed, which I could have sworn there was. Lilith had already
> burned to death and Angela was currently on fire. I tried to get Mary
> Sue to put Angela out, but before she could, death arrived to take her
> away. (The "plead" option isn't available for long, and I missed it.)
> Then Mary Sue found herself on fire, with no one there to put her out. I
> watched her burn until Death came back. (I liked the old game better,
> where you saw them engulfed in flame and "melting" while they screamed
> hideously and flailed their arms.) Then the house was empty. I moved a
> new family in and they're in the process of cleaning up and rebuilding
> the kitchen, which was completely gutted. The Pleasant women are buried
> in the yard. Dina Goth came by this morning to mourn.

LOL Have you seen a death by drowning yet? It's really kind
of morbid, the body sinks to the bottom of the pool and you
can see it just lying there.

Laura
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 1:17:47 AM

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Jay&B wrote:
>

>> One of my newborns went almost 16 hours before the first feeding. LOL
>> I began to worry! HA As far as staying babies, mine take 3 full days
>> before they
>> become toddlers, which by the way is a whole lot harder than messing
>> with babies. LOL
>>

>> ......B
>

> Geez, how'd you manage that? My families want to feed the darn
> baby every minute! There are so many dirty bottles on the
> kitchen floor that I've begun cancelling the "hold youngster"
> action every time I see it.

Yeah, I have the same problem.

My experience tends to be that Sims *never* dispose of the bottles
themselves either, no matter how many neatness points they have.
Certainly my Mortimer stands in the middle of the kitchen crying at me
with a dustpan and brush in his thoughtbubble, indicating he doesn't
like the mess. I want to tell him, "Then clean it up, you dufus."

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Nancy Scott wrote:
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>Nancy Scott wrote:
>>

>>>If my Sims can afford it, I have them hire a nanny immediately after the
>>>birth and keep one there until the brat morphs into something
>>>interesting. Ideally, the brat goes into a separate part of the house so
>>>they don't notice it again except for an occasional bonding session so
>>>their points are high enough to train it as a toddler.
>>
>>I wanted to hire a nanny, but since not all my Goth Sims work I can't get
>>one to come over regularly. I think you should get the option of a
>>regular nanny whether there's a Sim home or not. Sims need a break from
>>parenting.
>>
>>--
>>--Cuth
>>

> Use the "just for now" option and she will stick around for eight hours, I
> think, then call again either when she goes off shift or just before. I've
> had two nannies working in the house at the same time without problems.

I'm aware you can call her just for now, but that's a pain in the
<ahem>. As for the idea of having two nannies working at the same time,
I like that, I didn't know you could do that, I'll have to try it! :-)

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Laura Castellano wrote:

> LOL Have you seen a death by drowning yet? It's really kind
> of morbid, the body sinks to the bottom of the pool and you
> can see it just lying there.
>
> Laura

Yes, that was great! :-) So why didn't we get such spectacular
animations with the fire death? I expected to see skin burning and
smoke rising off the Sim and everything. Heck, if they can animate
poptarts burning convincingly, why not Sims? ;-)

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>> Sigh...how many days before the thing morphs to the next stage? Not
>> that that'll be any easier.
>>

> LOL Well I *am* a parent in real life, and I can tell you that
> the toddler stage is the worst. Sim toddlers are far more annoying
> than RL toddlers, IMO. In fact, I've gotten to the point where
> I bypass the toddler stage altogether now with a hacked painting
> I downloaded from MTS2. They only sleep for five minutes at a time,
> and then while poor exhausted mom is still trying to get some rest, they
> stand up in their cribs and yell "DAAADEEEE!" until I want to strangle
> the obnoxious little monsters.

Yeah, I was wondering if real toddlers shake the bars of the crib and
yell every ten minutes...

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

I turn the fridge round to face the wall - I like seeing them getting
annoyed because they can't get in it, especially that bloody Nanny. I HATE
that Nanny.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> I removed the fridge. LOL BUT.....I watched the baby in the crib and his
> color, it
> stayed green for 16 sim hours before it started crying, then I added the
> fridge, and they
> fed it. Sounded pretty good to me.
>
> They overfeed the babies if you ask me. They don't no more get through
> feeding and then want to feed some more.
> I also noticed if a toddler cries, they want to go bathe them when
> actually they just want a bottle. When I
> have a hungry toddler and a baby with just a wet diaper, they will feed
> the baby, ignore the toddler & ignore the
> baby's wet diaper. LOL
>
> ......B

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 3:56:55 AM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Yeah, I was wondering if real toddlers shake the bars of the crib and
> yell every ten minutes...

LOL Well I don't recall mine doing that, but I know for
a fact that if I put them on the floor, they never headed
for the toilet first thing! I'm waiting for a hack that
keeps toddlers from wanting to play in the toilet. That
just maddens me for some reason.

Laura
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 7:19:00 AM

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I was wondering if real toddlers shake the bars of the crib and
>> yell every ten minutes...
>>

> LOL Well I don't recall mine doing that, but I know for
> a fact that if I put them on the floor, they never headed
> for the toilet first thing! I'm waiting for a hack that
> keeps toddlers from wanting to play in the toilet. That
> just maddens me for some reason.

Oh, I think it's CUTE. I only wish a "flush" option would appear at
that point. ;-)

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Maxon wrote:
> I turn the fridge round to face the wall - I like seeing them getting
> annoyed because they can't get in it, especially that bloody Nanny. I HATE

I'm waiting for a nanny that looks like Fran Drescher.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Oh, I think it's CUTE. I only wish a "flush" option would appear at
> that point. ;-)

ROTFLOL Now if I had that, I wouldn't mind it myself ;)

Laura
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:52:18 PM

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:15:54 -0500, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:59:12 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
><chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Sims are strange parents: Mortimer Goth was playing with baby Bella when
>>he had to go to the bathroom. Rather than put down baby he kept playing
>>until his needs passed the critical stage. Then he put the baby on the
>>floor *and peed on the baby.* No joke; I have screen shots for anyone
>>who wants to see.
>
>Yes, please!

Too funny! Poor little baby! I tried to e-mail you back, but it
bounced.

BW
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 10:49:39 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

> Too funny! Poor little baby! I tried to e-mail you back, but it
> bounced.
>
> BW

I wonder if that will show up in childhood memories later: "I remember
the day granddaddy squatted over me and peed on me. It was horrifying."

Since then Morty has more than redeemed himself as a surrogate parent,
however. He's forever taking care of little Bella. In fact, it's kind
of annoying: Bella's hygene needs will be 1/3 down, but her energy is
almost at zero. She's sleeping soundly in the crib. Nonetheless
Mortimer will wake her up and give her a bath. They should program Sims
to have a little more common sense than that. He often does it even if
I "X" out the action in the cue.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:49:39 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>
>> Too funny! Poor little baby! I tried to e-mail you back, but it
>> bounced.
>
>I wonder if that will show up in childhood memories later: "I remember
>the day granddaddy squatted over me and peed on me. It was horrifying."
>
>Since then Morty has more than redeemed himself as a surrogate parent,
>however. He's forever taking care of little Bella. In fact, it's kind
>of annoying: Bella's hygene needs will be 1/3 down, but her energy is
>almost at zero. She's sleeping soundly in the crib. Nonetheless
>Mortimer will wake her up and give her a bath. They should program Sims
>to have a little more common sense than that. He often does it even if
>I "X" out the action in the cue.

Mortimer was always too playful for his own good in Sims 1--he was
forever showing up when new Sims moved into the neighborhood and
annoying them with puppets.

My Cassandra is now pregnant by Don Lothario, though they are still
only engaged. Nice to know that Morty will be an attentive
grandfather--even if he's a little too attentive.

BW
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 7:32:21 AM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

> My Cassandra is now pregnant by Don Lothario, though they are still
> only engaged.

Ha ha! And that is as close they will get to marriage, if your
Cassandra has the effect on men that my Cassandra does.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:32:21 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>
>> My Cassandra is now pregnant by Don Lothario, though they are still
>> only engaged.
>
>Ha ha! And that is as close they will get to marriage, if your
>Cassandra has the effect on men that my Cassandra does.

Could be. I hope to get them married and then have Don move back out,
the way other people have described. The Goth house is already fairly
full with Morty and Dina, Alexander, and Cassandra and the future
sprog. Plus I want Dina to spawn too, preferably by Don also.

Meanwhile, the teen woohoo experiment made progress on Sunday. I
intended to have trampy little Traci Jo Shifflett seduce Alexander,
but daddy Dreamer had already become quite friendly with her, even
before I installed the teen woohoo patch, and kept calling her up, so
I figured what the hey and invited him over. They got more and more
friendly, and she got her first kiss with him and has a big crush on
him. Meanwhile, he kept getting aspiration points for some
interaction between them--I don't know what ("Get backrub from
underage girl" maybe?). They haven't got enough relationship points
for woohoo yet, but that's sure to come. Meanwhile, all but one of
her aspirations right now focus on Alexander Goth. Look out,
Alexander!

BW
!