vincentj

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Hello,
I recently assembled my own PC for the first time, and I'm having a problem.
When I turn the system on, all the case fans, optical drives and hard drives start to work (indicated by them spinning up and the HDD LED being active), and the graphics card appears to work (the fan on it spins, and there are 2 red LEDs shining). However, I do not see any image on the monitor.

My new graphics card works in my old computer, and I have used different monitors and cables, however the problem still persists. One thing I have noticed is that there is no beeping whatsoever when I switch the computer on. I have tried to clear the CMOS using the jumper, to no avail.

I have:
Gigabyte X48-DQ6 motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
4GB DDR2-1066
Diamond Radeon HD 4850 Graphics Card
Antec 850 TruePower Quattro PSU

Thanks in advance

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
take the battery from your mainboard out. leave it as it is for 10-20 minutes, then insert it back in and try it again. I had the same issue, took the battery out and back in again. It then booted up fine.

Are you sure you plugged in the power connector properly? Check to make sure it isn't loose. Did you make sure to plug the 4/8 pin connector in near the back plate? If not, do so now, with the thing off and unplugged of course ^_^. Also make sure your RAM and video card are seated properly.

kevin1212

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
Assuming you double checked your power connectors to the motherboard and video card, and the case button connectors (including speaker for beeps) to the motherboard, you could try booting without the ram installed and see if you get the double beep. If so it could be your ram.