Help with overclocking -Free gift !!

BillyBigBallz

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hello,

I have recently put together a new rig and have very little experiance overclocking and thought i would ask you wise people. Here are the details of the rig below:

-Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 AMD 770 Socket AM3 Gigabit LAN 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
-G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 Ripjaw Memory Kit CL7(7-8-7-24) 1.65V
-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
-Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM
-Antec Signiture 650W ATX Power Supply Unit PSU

All of you that take part in helping on my little quest shall receive the gift of satisfaction, knowing that you helped someone a lil backward when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks people!

The black editions are really easy to overclock just go into the bios and find your CPU multiplier and raise it then reboot instant ooverclock. If it starts to become unstable then you will have to raise your vcore voltage a little.

Before overclocking make sure you have the following

1: Good cooling in case
2: Aftermarket heatsink and fan for the CPU
3: Temperature monitioring programs - HwMonitior (www.cpuid.com), or Core temp google it.
4: Quality power supply is needed too but I see you got an ANTEC Signature which is good so you ok there
5: Read your motherboard manual especially the Bios section learn what everything does and where its at if you dont have the manual you can download it at www.gigabyte.com anything you dont understand what it is or does google it.

So until you do all that dont even think about overclocking Good Luck