Ati radeon hd 2400 pro hdmi problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jra64

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
I have a ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro made by VisionTek. There are three ports in the back VGA, DVI, and HDMI. When I hook the TV up to the video card via the VGA port it detects it fine and can output to the TV perfectly, but for some reason when I hook it up using the HDMI cable, it won't detect the TV =(. Does anybody know what might be happening? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, I just registered here and I couldn't validate my account using my e-mail. It says, "Message: Error." so if a mod sees this could you perhaps send another validation to? Thanks =).

ETB4U

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I know this is an old thread, but I too have had this problem for TWO years and just figured out how to fix it. I am posting this in hopes of other people searching will find the help I have:
First, when retarting your computer hit Delete to get into your CMOS settings. You should see something like PnP/PCI Settings. If not scroll through the various menus as it may be different. Find something that allows you to select which video input to boot up with first. Select "on board" or something to the effect of the regular PC monitor cable plug (you will need to use that plug for your monitor). Then save it. Have your HDMI connected to your TV, and the vga cable from the regular vga slot on the back of the PC to your monitor and it should work and show up in dual monitor. :D hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.