Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 18, 2009 5:53:00 PM

:bounce: 

Word, Playa.

More about : tough times

a b à CPUs
February 18, 2009 6:06:12 PM

Looks like Intel is gonna "open a can of Whoopass!" on nVidia :) 

I thought Intel gave nVidia a cross-license for i7 chipsets, in return for nVidia giving them the SLI license for X58 chipsets??
February 18, 2009 6:28:06 PM

fazers_on_stun said:
Looks like Intel is gonna "open a can of Whoopass!" on nVidia :) 

I thought Intel gave nVidia a cross-license for i7 chipsets, in return for nVidia giving them the SLI license for X58 chipsets??

Anything to bring Nvidia down a few pegs is good, they think they are the second comming. I am pretty sure if Jesus had drivers though they wouldnt suck.

Word, Playa.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 18, 2009 6:33:58 PM

Looks like a retaliatory move form Intel for Nvidia's decision to advertise and push for Ion platform's adaptation.

Business at its finest.
a b à CPUs
February 18, 2009 6:43:36 PM

And I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that nVidia's last few drivers purposefully had code in them to make the i7 look bad on single-card setups. Maybe Jen-Sun Huang figures that anybody who can afford an i7 system, can afford to buy two or more 280's :) .

So good luck to Anandtech trying to figure out the driver problem angle with help from the nVidia driver team :pfff: 
February 19, 2009 1:45:05 AM

yomamafor1 said:
Looks like a retaliatory move form Intel for Nvidia's decision to advertise and push for Ion platform's adaptation.

Business at its finest.

Word, Playa.
!