Error mac address was invalid in both cmos and flash!

piphansdk

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Hello when i start my computer it says mac address was invalid in both cmos and flash! press F1 to return

what can i do

Mondoman

Splendid
Please list the brand and model number of EVERY component in your system, including motherboard, RAM, CPU, CPU cooler, hard drive(s), optical drive(s), power supply, video cards, and other cards, etc.
Also, please describe in detail every step from turning on the power until you get that message. Please also post the exact message as it appears on the screen.

piphansdk

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
when i pres my button and my computer comes to the boot:

Press F2 to run setup
Press F11 for boot menu
mac address are invaild in both cmos and flash
press F1 To return
then i press F1 and there goes 2 sek...
3262 mb ram ok

and then it boot windows and when i go to control panel----windows management console--
the lan port does not work
and i cant go to the internet

also i cant understant why it only says 3.2 gb ram ok when i installet 4 gb and the both of them works perfect

Mondoman

Splendid
The 3.2GB is because your Windows is a 32-bit OS and so your computer needs to use some of the 4GB of possible addresses for things like the graphics card and other hardware. Whatever is left over can be used by memory.

The "MAC address" is the low-level unique address of your network controller. I've never heard of a message like that. Perhaps you've made a wrong setting in the BIOS, but more likely you've got a bad motherboard.

I'd contact ASRock tech support.