Please guys I need some help

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 19, 2009 5:03:30 AM

Hi All
I have a 460W coolermaster extreme power. It ran perfectly but now a problem has started. I had a core 2 duo system and used to run this powersupply on it and it ran perfectly. now i have sold my system and now i want to run this psu externally, i.e by shorting the 2 wires in the 24 pin connector. It used to run perfectly when i did this before, but now it does not run. the fan starts for a second but then stops. I tested it on my very old systems. one was p2 and one was p3. this psu used to run perfectly on both before but now it runs only on p3 not p2. Another problem is that the warranty time is over. please help me in this problem. Hope to hear from you guys soon. thanks

More about : guys

February 19, 2009 8:05:33 AM

Not sure exactly what your setup is and what exactly you are doing when you try to "run" it. Could you tell us the details of all the components of the systems, and exactly how the PS is connected to the system?
February 19, 2009 8:35:39 AM

Mondoman said:
Not sure exactly what your setup is and what exactly you are doing when you try to "run" it. Could you tell us the details of all the components of the systems, and exactly how the PS is connected to the system?

Hi Bro
Thanks for your reply. Following was my specs:
intel core 2 duo e6320
Asus P5N-MX
2gb Kinsgton Valueram
460W CoolerMaster extreme power
Inno3D 8600GT 256mb
The system ran perfectly, not even a single problem. Now i decided to sell my system and sold it. I didnt sell my psu. when i bought my psu i short the green and the black wire in the 24 pin connector and the psu started, which is normal, but now i have observed that it is not starting when i short the wires. when i short the wires now, the fan starts for a second but then stops. i wanted to know if there is a solution for this problem. this problem occurred out of nowhere.
Related resources
a c 131 ) Power supply
February 19, 2009 1:39:18 PM

^+1. The PSU may need a load in order to stay on.
February 19, 2009 2:37:47 PM

hi bro
thanks for your reply. but before it used to run perfectly when i short the wires, this problem started suddenly. thats the main problem. and one more thing, do u think this problem will aggregate?
February 19, 2009 3:30:35 PM

thanks bro for helping me, i tried putting load on the psu and then ran it by shorting the wires and it worked. thanks once again for the help bro. bro just one thing i want to ask is that this thing did not happen before. i used to short the wires and the psu used to start perfectly even without putting load on it, my question is that will this problem aggregate or not, in your opinion?
!