DVDrom in Bios not in Win7

rugman1969

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
OK guys, need some help here.
I did a new build a few weeks ago, installed 2 sata hd's and a sata dvd rom. All went well and system has been running beautifully. Tonight, I stuck a dvd in it, and nothing happened. So I started investigating, and the dvd rom no longer shows up in win 7 under my computer, but the other drives do. So off I went to bios, and the dvdrom is these, shows it everywhere the harddrives show, so I booted up again, and still no dvd in win7. dvd has power, and light on dvd flashes when I put a disc in, but it does not pick it up. It's weird, because earlier tonight I stuck a disk in, and it worked fine. Any ideas? Also, I just checked in device manager, and I installed anydvd tonight, which was the last disk to work. It is now trying to use the driver for that for the dvdrom, and because it is not digitally signed, it is not working. The windows driver is there also, but I need to know how to make the windows driver the one to use now.

rugman1969

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

Well, I just uninstalled anydvd, and everything back to normal. It was saying the driver was not digitally signed, but would not let me use the microsoft driver instead.