What neighbourhood is best???

Hi All - I have only ever played Pleasantville or one I created. Which is
the best neighbourhood to play ?
Thanks...lickle me.
19 answers Last reply
More about what neighbourhood best

    emma J wrote:
    > Hi All - I have only ever played Pleasantville or one I created.
    > Which is the best neighbourhood to play ?
    > Thanks...lickle me.

    Pleasantview. I realized I only ever played that, so I moved all the
    people in Strangeville to it as well.

    emma J wrote:
    > Hi All - I have only ever played Pleasantville or one I created. Which is
    > the best neighbourhood to play ?
    > Thanks...lickle me.

    For the longest time I only played in Strangeville because I didn't want to
    mess up Pleasantville. Now I enjoy each neighbourhood equally. Veronaville,
    however, gives me fits - way too many relationships to maintain.

    The "best" neighbourhood is the one that suits your playing style. If you get

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:48:08 GMT, Katiya
    <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote:

    >emma J wrote:
    >> Hi All - I have only ever played Pleasantville or one I created. Which is
    >> the best neighbourhood to play ?
    >> Thanks...lickle me.
    >
    >For the longest time I only played in Strangeville because I didn't want to
    >mess up Pleasantville. Now I enjoy each neighbourhood equally. Veronaville,
    >however, gives me fits - way too many relationships to maintain.

    I haven't played Strangetown at all and might never do so--the whole
    alien thing doesn't appeal to me one bit. I made a copy of
    Pleasantville so I can play one copy and have the other in case I mess
    it up, and I've added a few Sims to the copy but not played it yet. I
    haven't even really looked in Veronaville yet. I created a custom
    neighborhood but haven't had time to play it.

    BW

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:48:08 GMT, Katiya
    > <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote:
    >

    >>emma J wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All - I have only ever played Pleasantville or one I created. Which is
    >>>the best neighbourhood to play ?
    >>>Thanks...lickle me.
    >>
    >>For the longest time I only played in Strangeville because I didn't want to
    >>mess up Pleasantville. Now I enjoy each neighbourhood equally. Veronaville,
    >>however, gives me fits - way too many relationships to maintain.
    >

    > I haven't played Strangetown at all and might never do so--the whole
    > alien thing doesn't appeal to me one bit. I made a copy of
    > Pleasantville so I can play one copy and have the other in case I mess
    > it up, and I've added a few Sims to the copy but not played it yet. I
    > haven't even really looked in Veronaville yet. I created a custom
    > neighborhood but haven't had time to play it.
    >
    > BW
    ==
    What she said

    Can't you just reset the neighbourhoods by removing the neighbourhood files
    and the game creates new ones - who's done this?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Can't you just reset the neighbourhoods by removing the neighbourhood
    > files
    > and the game creates new ones - who's done this?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    Now, I'd also like an answer to this. I would really like my original
    neighborhoods back without
    having to uninstall and reinstall.

    ........B

    I *think* you just remove the folders and the game resets itself - BUT I've
    never done it and don't know for sure. So, if you try it and it doesn't
    work, don't blame me.

    Best
    Maxon

    >I *think* you just remove the folders and the game resets itself - BUT I've
    > never done it and don't know for sure. So, if you try it and it doesn't
    > work, don't blame me.

    To reset a neighbourhood you need to remove the folder (e.g. N001, N002,
    etc) from "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods" and replace it
    with a copy from "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims
    2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods" (assuming you installed Sims 2 under
    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2"). I tried just deleting the folder
    and the game just forgets about that neighbourhood and doesn't seem to
    regenerate it.

    I play only my custom neighbourhood
    Am having problems though...trying to see where I should put a park..and I
    constantly move the houses around, and now the street names don't match
    I wish there was an utility that let's you rename houses that doesn't
    involve packaging the lot, because you lose everything then.

    However all of my original characters started life in Veronaville
    and I never played with the characters there, just my own
    :)

    --
    - D

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    > I haven't played Strangetown at all and might never do so--the whole
    > alien thing doesn't appeal to me one bit.

    I'm so with you there.

    > I made a copy of
    > Pleasantville so I can play one copy and have the other in case I mess
    > it up

    Oh, but messing it up is all the fun!!

    For example, the female contingent of my Pleasant Family just died in a
    fire. The house is now owned by the new Skywalker family. Daniel is
    the only Pleasant left, and he just moved into a spiffy house. He's got
    lots of bucks, and will be a "great catch" for my female Sims on the
    prowl, such as my "Siren" family.

    > and I've added a few Sims to the copy but not played it yet. I
    > haven't even really looked in Veronaville yet.

    I did. I had Romeo start hitting on Juliet's sister. That was fun.
    Why play by the rules???

    > I created a custom
    > neighborhood but haven't had time to play it.

    I created a custom neighborhood called Eden and have Adam and Eve living
    in one house there. They are the only Sims besides NPCs. When I get a
    chance I'm going to have them raise a family, and eventually spawn a
    whole neighborhood. That will take a lot of time, though.

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuth, you will find that Townies still infest that town
    Townies will never die!
    They just respawn....grrrrrrrrr

    --
    - D

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:14:13 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >Can't you just reset the neighbourhoods by removing the neighbourhood files
    >and the game creates new ones - who's done this?

    Probably. What I actually did was copy Pleasantview and add some new
    Sims to the copy. Then I went back to play the original, with the
    second copy to play in a slightly different way. It's hard to
    explain. I also wanted to test copying neighborhoods, which I used to
    do all the time in Sims 1.

    BW

    Great - thanks for that.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Gryfallon" <doomdark@hotNOmailSPAM.comTHANKS> wrote in message
    > "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >I *think* you just remove the folders and the game resets itself - BUT
    I've
    > > never done it and don't know for sure. So, if you try it and it doesn't
    > > work, don't blame me.
    >
    > To reset a neighbourhood you need to remove the folder (e.g. N001, N002,
    > etc) from "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods" and replace it
    > with a copy from "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims
    > 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods" (assuming you installed Sims 2 under
    > "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2"). I tried just deleting the folder
    > and the game just forgets about that neighbourhood and doesn't seem to
    > regenerate it.

    Be careful though - related sims can't interbreed. You'll need some fresh
    blood in order to keep the neighbourhood going. I wonder how closely
    related you have to be before the game will stop you having kids.
    Obviously, people in the same immediate family can't interbreed, but has
    anyone got cousins to marry and have children, I wonder?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    >
    > > I haven't played Strangetown at all and might never do so--the whole
    > > alien thing doesn't appeal to me one bit.
    >
    > I'm so with you there.
    >
    > > I made a copy of
    > > Pleasantville so I can play one copy and have the other in case I mess
    > > it up
    >
    > Oh, but messing it up is all the fun!!
    >
    > For example, the female contingent of my Pleasant Family just died in a
    > fire. The house is now owned by the new Skywalker family. Daniel is
    > the only Pleasant left, and he just moved into a spiffy house. He's got
    > lots of bucks, and will be a "great catch" for my female Sims on the
    > prowl, such as my "Siren" family.
    >
    > > and I've added a few Sims to the copy but not played it yet. I
    > > haven't even really looked in Veronaville yet.
    >
    > I did. I had Romeo start hitting on Juliet's sister. That was fun.
    > Why play by the rules???
    >
    > > I created a custom
    > > neighborhood but haven't had time to play it.
    >
    > I created a custom neighborhood called Eden and have Adam and Eve living
    > in one house there. They are the only Sims besides NPCs. When I get a
    > chance I'm going to have them raise a family, and eventually spawn a
    > whole neighborhood. That will take a lot of time, though.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    Oh yes, you know I'm sure some of that's going to be a two-edged sword. I
    meant, as I don't play with cheats or hacks, what is the standard setting?
    Some people prefer to play that way.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    ~Deborah~ wrote:
    > "Maxon" wrote:
    >
    >>Be careful though - related sims can't interbreed. You'll need some fresh
    >>blood in order to keep the neighbourhood going. I wonder how closely
    >>related you have to be before the game will stop you having kids.
    >>Obviously, people in the same immediate family can't interbreed, but has
    >>anyone got cousins to marry and have children, I wonder?
    >>
    >>Best wishes
    >>Maxon
    >

    > Actually, thanks to MTS2/SimPE, related sims can interbreed.

    and the resulting Sims are buck-toothed yokels wearing "Jack Daniels"
    t-shirts and chanting "four more years." ;-)

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > ~Deborah~ wrote:
    >> "Maxon" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Be careful though - related sims can't interbreed. You'll need
    >>> some fresh blood in order to keep the neighbourhood going. I
    >>> wonder how closely related you have to be before the game will
    stop
    >>> you having kids. Obviously, people in the same immediate family
    >>> can't interbreed, but has anyone got cousins to marry and have
    >>> children, I wonder?
    >>>
    >>> Best wishes
    >>> Maxon
    >>

    >> Actually, thanks to MTS2/SimPE, related sims can interbreed.
    >
    > and the resulting Sims are buck-toothed yokels wearing "Jack
    Daniels"
    > t-shirts and chanting "four more years." ;-)

    Or dressing up as Nazis for "fancy dress" parties

    In article <41EB3C4B.4000807@earthlink.net>,
    Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >> Actually, thanks to MTS2/SimPE, related sims can interbreed.
    >
    >and the resulting Sims are buck-toothed yokels wearing "Jack Daniels"
    >t-shirts and chanting "four more years." ;-)

    And that would be 1996 in Little Rock, right ?

    Jim

    foamy wrote:
    > In article <41EB3C4B.4000807@earthlink.net>,
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    >>>Actually, thanks to MTS2/SimPE, related sims can interbreed.
    >>
    >>and the resulting Sims are buck-toothed yokels wearing "Jack Daniels"
    >>t-shirts and chanting "four more years." ;-)
    >

    > And that would be 1996 in Little Rock, right ?

    Not that I saw, no.

    --
    --Cuth

Sims Games Video Games