1.) Advanced BIOS functions -> CPU Feature ->
EIST Function (Disabled),
C1E Funtion (Disabled),
Virtualization Tchenology (Disabled)

2.) Advanced BIOS functions ->
Full screen logo show (disabled)

3.) save and exit, enter BIOS

4.) SoftMenu Setup ->
CPU Operating Speed change to (unlinked)
FSB (QDR) untouched at (1333)
MEM (DDR2) 800MHZ untouched at (800)

5.) save and exit, full windows restart (no CMOS checksum error appears), restart in windows, enter BIOS

6.) SoftMenu Setup ->
FSB (QDR) raise from (1333) to (1334)

7.) save and exit

and here the problem occurs after restarting, before checking the RAM the Main processor is identified but it does not continue then.
I cant press "del" to enter the BIOS again. I have to reset the CMOS in order to start at 1.) again.

Any suggestions for me?

More about : abit fatality q9300

Best solution

a c 133 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 2, 2010 12:03:17 PM

EIST Function (Disabled),
C1E Funtion (Disabled),
Virtualization Tchenology (Disabled)
No need to disable any of this in fact I highly recommend turning C1E back on and as for EIST (speed step) no need to disable that unless you plan on trying to reach anything higher then 3.5ghz and Virtualization wont affect anything either way if you gonna use a virtual PC one day leave it on if not disable it but it dont matter.

So when you raised the FSB it just did what got stuck at post screen? You must be missung something in the bios a 1 mhz raise should not lock it up at post.
April 2, 2010 12:23:01 PM

Ok, i let the mentioned functions stay as they are, after the CMOS reset. (that means enabled)

what can i be missing? Under "SoftMenu Setup" -> Voltages all Voltages are set to "default-auto".

Which in-windows overlock-tool supports my Mainboard? Ive searched, but could not find any of these programs to work with my mainboard. Maybe i have missed something, can you take a look please ?

one last comment: dont buy abit fatality boards
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 3, 2010 2:23:48 AM

I would also try a bios update to see if this is a bios glitch...
m
l
April 3, 2010 6:49:57 AM

videl said:
I would also try a bios update to see if this is a bios glitch...

Thanks for the advice, mate, but i have done so. Last time i downgraded to BIOS 15, during this process occured problems. Anyways i flashed it again with BIOS 15, after the failed attempt. Overlocking did not work then, too. An earlier BIOS than 15 isnt possbile since the CPU support is introduced by at least BIOS 15.

I give it up for now. My Abit Fatality-Board has a bug, which prevents overlocking. (This is what it looks like) Maybe ill try next week or so, but for now im done with that.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 3, 2010 6:52:28 AM

Ok...whatever you decide on...I never have one of those boards before and never encountered a what you described so I was just guessing...anyways good luck...
m
l
April 12, 2010 4:52:31 PM

Finally after several additional hours of investigation, i found out that it is a flaw within the boards Bios.

According to abit.com.tw this board is made compatible for some of the quad cores via a Bios update(those with 1033 fsb).

This is not true. The Board cannot be operated without reservations with the Q9xxx - family. For instance, unpackaging .zip files do -always- result in crc-failures and games crash at regular intervals.

Its not an issue of ram-defect or the HDD.

Secondly you cannot overlock since -even with the newest BIOS- the board is only able to work with an maximum FSB of 1333 mhz.
m
l
April 22, 2010 5:51:10 AM

Best answer selected by tekal.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 3, 2010 11:51:05 PM

Lol...looks like this thread should get closed...
Good answer SAAIELLO...
m
l
!