GA-M61PME-S2 (2nd Rev.)

reverendryu

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
hi there,

a new build is giving me a headache. im using a brand new ga-m61pme-s2 mobo, 2 vdata 2gb ddr2 800 sticks, a amd 64x2 dual core processor, a seagate 500gb hdd, a samsung dvd rewriter, a atrix 650w psu, a ati sapphire 4850 pci-ex card, all in a jeantech unicorn case. all power comes on, all fans spin, even the hdd spins, but there is continous long beeping at post and no display. i've tried the following=

reseated memory
moved memory around (tried with one stick, then both etc in both slots)
tried a bare bones start (cpu, mobo, psu, one stick ram) lots of times,
tried with/without gfx card,
tried old psu
tried resetting cmos
tried both video outs (with and without gfx card)

still, just continous long beeping. i've check the memory, as it's not listed on the gigabyte website, but the model seems compatible enough. all components are new except for =

processor
hdd
dvd rewriter.
ram.

everything else new.

so please!! can you help me ascertain what the problem is and what to do! my dissertation is due in 2 weeks and i havent finished it, and i have no backup copy of it!! (fool)

bigfysh3

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I am running the same motherboard and had this same issue. My issue was incompatible RAM. Replaced it, and viola, runs like a champ now.

bilbat

Splendid
Try another CMOS reset, PSU unplugged, connect pins for at least 15 seconds - BIOS may have acquired a bad boot block before it found its way to you; successful CMOS reset will clear that & force a re-load from 'discovered' components at boot (you'd think the damned thing would do that on its own if it can't POST, but, sometimes, not so...)