Closed

My screen has flipped sideways HELP

I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
display of the game in that programs display options and
now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks
18 answers Last reply
More about screen flipped sideways help

    On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:36:39 -0800, D. Borr wrote:

    > I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
    > the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
    > display of the game in that programs display options and
    > now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
    > now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
    > know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks

    Try Display> Settings> Advanced. Look for an option similar to "rotate"

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
    the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
    display of the game in that programs display options and
    now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
    now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
    know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks

    I was on the computer when my one year old son came up and smacked the keyboard on my laptop, then all of a sudden, the screen was rotated horizontally! So after much fustration and tilting my head sideways, I finally figured it out...........I hope this helps.....

    go to control panel, click on display, then click on the settings tab, now click advanced, there's a tab on the very top right across all the other tabs, mines says Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile; click on it then click on graphics properties, go to display settings, there's a section that is labeled "rotation" and now you just adjust it according to your situation, and wah-lah!!!! You can also uncheck the box thats labeled "enable rotation" so you wont find yourslef in this situation again :) hope this helps !!!!!
  3. Lots of graphics hardware share the following shortcut:

    Ctrl+Alt+Up = Remove any rotation.

    While you're at it, try the other arrows too which just make that direction's edge the new top.
  4. Which Graphics Card do you have, usually you can turn it back to normal in the Control Panel of the driver (e.g. Catalyst Control Centre for ATI)
  5. please check the dates of the original post before posting this was posted back in 2004.
  6. look buddy ,I have vista and with out his help i would not been able to flip the screen back to normal
  7. use the 'search' feature.
  8. Ctrl+Alt+Up Arrow Key
    smpliest solution.
    Dont know how my 2 year old son did it in the 1st place but he did. Kids!!!!!!!!
  9. Control panel>Display>Settings> Advanced> Graphic Settings> will get you to where you can rotate your screen.

    Slides
  10. Ha! My 4 year old did it to mine. Thank goodness for google and this forum.
  11. Thank U very much. My neck and shoulders are eternally grateful for your expertise.
    Cherry Lover
  12. Thanks a LOT Delly06....I thot my computer has to be formatted now and got virus, cos for first time I downloaded a game Streefighter from net and while playing it this happened!!!! Thanks a lot...ur suggestion helped me greatly!!!!
  13. Quote:

    On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:36:39 -0800, D. Borr wrote:

    > I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
    > the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
    > display of the game in that programs display options and
    > now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
    > now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
    > know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks

    Try Display> Settings> Advanced. Look for an option similar to "rotate"

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    You need to press Ctrl+Alt+Up Arrow
  14. and what the *** do you mean by display... how do i get to there?????????
  15. omg..... who ever you are you saved my computer life... i was about to throw this mug out of the window... my one year old came into my room and start pushing bottons on the computer and the same thing happen to me... my dang computer turned side ways.. i was like what the heck is going on... so then i googled ( what to do if my computer turns side ways) and waa-laa... you are such a big help ..... thanks alot
  16. RgnldRse193 said:
    Ctrl+Alt+Up Arrow Key
    smpliest solution.
    Dont know how my 2 year old son did it in the 1st place but he did. Kids!!!!!!!!

    In my case it was my cat, jumped on my keyboard!! Simple solution, it worked, thanks.
  17. Original post may be 2004, but it saved my neck right now in 2010. So whoever bumped this up, thank you!

Configuration Windows XP Displays