My screen has flipped sideways HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
display of the game in that programs display options and
now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:36:39 -0800, D. Borr wrote:

> I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
> the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
> display of the game in that programs display options and
> now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
> now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
> know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks

Try Display> Settings> Advanced. Look for an option similar to "rotate"

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

delly06

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007

I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
display of the game in that programs display options and
now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks

I was on the computer when my one year old son came up and smacked the keyboard on my laptop, then all of a sudden, the screen was rotated horizontally! So after much fustration and tilting my head sideways, I finally figured it out...........I hope this helps.....

go to control panel, click on display, then click on the settings tab, now click advanced, there's a tab on the very top right across all the other tabs, mines says Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile; click on it then click on graphics properties, go to display settings, there's a section that is labeled "rotation" and now you just adjust it according to your situation, and wah-lah!!!! You can also uncheck the box thats labeled "enable rotation" so you wont find yourslef in this situation again :) hope this helps !!!!!

Lots of graphics hardware share the following shortcut:

Ctrl+Alt+Up = Remove any rotation.

While you're at it, try the other arrows too which just make that direction's edge the new top.

Longy

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Which Graphics Card do you have, usually you can turn it back to normal in the Control Panel of the driver (e.g. Catalyst Control Centre for ATI)

Control panel>Display>Settings> Advanced> Graphic Settings> will get you to where you can rotate your screen.

Slides

Ha! My 4 year old did it to mine. Thank goodness for google and this forum.

Thank U very much. My neck and shoulders are eternally grateful for your expertise.
Cherry Lover

Thanks a LOT Delly06....I thot my computer has to be formatted now and got virus, cos for first time I downloaded a game Streefighter from net and while playing it this happened!!!! Thanks a lot...ur suggestion helped me greatly!!!!

casanjay

Distinguished
May 8, 2010

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:36:39 -0800, D. Borr wrote:

> I was testing out an emulator "MAME" a friend gave me and
> the game was filpped horizontally. I tried to flip the
> display of the game in that programs display options and
> now my whole computer from the Windows start up screen is
> now sideways. I can't get it back to normal and I don't
> know what to do. Please help ASAP. I need it back Thanks

Try Display> Settings> Advanced. Look for an option similar to "rotate"

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
You need to press Ctrl+Alt+Up Arrow

and what the *** do you mean by display... how do i get to there?????????

omg..... who ever you are you saved my computer life... i was about to throw this mug out of the window... my one year old came into my room and start pushing bottons on the computer and the same thing happen to me... my dang computer turned side ways.. i was like what the heck is going on... so then i googled ( what to do if my computer turns side ways) and waa-laa... you are such a big help ..... thanks alot

In my case it was my cat, jumped on my keyboard!! Simple solution, it worked, thanks.

Original post may be 2004, but it saved my neck right now in 2010. So whoever bumped this up, thank you!