choppppppppa

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
Hello, i am wanting to build a gaming pc from scratch i have the budget of $2000 AU i am looking for a very fast computer around a 22" screen dvd burner big hdd's etc and a descent video card i am going to be playing cod4 unreal tournament 3 and fallout 3 so nothing like crysis or anything so maybe not the best video card ever but i am still looking for a clear smooth image, if anyone can get good prices on what ever parts you recommend to build the gaming pc it would be much appreciated thanks.

Processor - Intel Quad, maybe even a Intel Core i7
Ram - 8gb Kingston, OCZ, Corsair etc (800mhz or better ddr2, or ddr3 depending on platform - Core i7 etc, dont bother with DDR3 and Core 2's unless its for extreme overclocking etc)
Motherboard - ASUS or Gigabyte an Intel chipset (dont go MSI etc - RUBBISH)
Video Card - check out the 4850's and 4870's from ATI, or even a GTX260 or 280 etc from nvidia
Case - your choise, get somethin with plenty of cooling etc, my favourite is the Antec 900 or 1200
PSU - Acbell, Corsair or Antec - seem to survive the best in the coniditions im in (QLD)
HDD - whatever you need, stick to WD or Seagate (performance models etc)
OS - Vista Home Premium or Ultimate (64-bit only for both) - dont bother with xp and dont listen to the BS about vista its a great operating system

For prices in Australia check out www.staticice.com.au and see who's cheapest but usually its MSY, Gamedude, Umart or Computer Alliance etc

Hope that helps ;)