Sign in with
Your question

Cant access files in hard drive

Last response: in Storage
May 6, 2010 12:37:41 AM

Hello,
I hope you can help me with my problem. I currently have 2 500gb internal hard drives in a RAID 0 format: C drive is the main one and D drive is the secondary 'slave' one; the latter is used only for storing files, mostly media.
They are both ST3500820AS ATA and im using windows vista 64bit.

For some reason I can see my D Drive in My Computer, and go into it but I can only access certain folders; for others, it says theres a problem and cant access it.

I cant copy files cause it says Error 0x8007045D. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Question is: physical or software problem? If software, I can just reformat and it will be fixed?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help!
May 7, 2010 7:42:27 PM

That sounds like a chipset limitation problem. I am a bit confused about your raid 0. Even if there are 2 drives in raid 0, it should only show up as 1 drive on the OS or anything after post'ing.

It sounds to me that the "slave" drive is done using an ide cable. If thats the case, the only real advice i would give you is to upgrade.
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 9, 2010 1:27:26 AM

There might be many cases when you are not able to access files like master boot record damaged. boot sector damaged. virus...

Have you tried some software for free evaluation? I would recommend you to try software which only takes dozens of bucks for you to access files.

http://www.icare-recovery.com/ Find the solution here.
m
l
Related resources
!