SIM card transfer?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 10, 2005 2:45:37 AM

Just switched from ATT TDMA to Cingular and got the *free* Nokia 6010
which is where the Cingular SIM is installed. I also have an Ericcson
T68 tri-band that I use with a prepaid SIM when traveling
interntionally.

Is it possible to put the Cingular SIM in the T68 to use in the US?
Any intialization process and if I want, will it be easy to switch it
back to the Nokia?

Thanks

More about : sim card transfer

February 10, 2005 2:53:12 AM

It will work with no problem, but the T68 does not receive the 850 MHz
signal so you will miss some coverage.

"Alan" <spamless@spamfree.com> wrote in message

> Just switched from ATT TDMA to Cingular and got the *free* Nokia 6010
> which is where the Cingular SIM is installed. I also have an Ericcson
> T68 tri-band that I use with a prepaid SIM when traveling
> interntionally.
>
> Is it possible to put the Cingular SIM in the T68 to use in the US?
> Any intialization process and if I want, will it be easy to switch it
> back to the Nokia?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 4:09:47 AM

Interesting reply..

What regions does Cingular work in?

Where do I find a table of countries by frequency (ie, bands., from tri-band or n-band)

much obliged

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU, {MS,X} Windows is for Bimbos]
[Cigar smoke belongs in veggie food group]
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 10, 2005 4:09:48 AM

Not sure that I understand what you're asking but my post might also
have been confusing. I don't use Cingular outside of the USA because
the rates are obscene for international calls. I buy a local prepaid
SIM card which is much cheaper. For example, with my China Mobile
card, calls in the PRC are 9cents/minute.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:09:47 +0000 (UTC),
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

>Interesting reply..
>
>What regions does Cingular work in?
>
>Where do I find a table of countries by frequency (ie, bands., from tri-band or n-band)
>
>much obliged
>
> - = -
> Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
> BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
>[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
> [Fooey on GIU, {MS,X} Windows is for Bimbos]
> [Cigar smoke belongs in veggie food group]
February 10, 2005 12:02:05 PM

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:45:37 GMT, spamless@spamfree.com (Alan) wrote:

>Is it possible to put the Cingular SIM in the T68 to use in the US?
>Any intialization process and if I want, will it be easy to switch it
>back to the Nokia?

Sure if it's unlocked. The only problem might be though if you're in
an area that uses 850 Mhz signal. The T68 is 900/1800/1900 and has no
850. That might mean that you'd be roaming on another carrier
possibly or it might mean that the phone wouldn't work for you at all
if you're in an area that has 850 only.

February 10, 2005 12:02:45 PM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:09:47 +0000 (UTC),
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

>Interesting reply..
>
>What regions does Cingular work in?
>
>Where do I find a table of countries by frequency (ie, bands., from tri-band or n-band)
>
>much obliged

http://www.gsmworld.com

February 11, 2005 8:54:37 PM

Thanks, GSMworld had the info

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU, {MS,X} Windows is for Bimbos]
[Cigar smoke belongs in veggie food group]
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 6:54:26 AM

Alan,
For that to happen, I would make sure that the T68 is unlocked to Cingular,
unless the phone is native to Cingular.

Pritesh

!