Where is Triple Channel Mobos for AM3 Processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Come on why is there a stall in the market to provide AMD chips the triple channel advantage? If there is an advantage. I would like to see a AM3 triple chanel Mobo to Dual Channel Mobo compared? If there is such a comparison to be made.

ixion

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
The memory controller built into the ADM AM3 processors is only dual channel, so there's not point in trying to make a triple channel motherboard. The advantages are fairly slim anyway and the mainstream intel processors later in the year will use dual channel also.

Ummm....... NO!! The integrated memory controller on the Phenom II only supports dual channel. We may see quad channel in the upcoming bulldozer CPUs, but that will probably only be in the server market if at all.

For the average computer user, dual channel DDR2-1066 is more than enough let alone triple channel DDR3-1600. There no benefits to triple channel memory over dual channel if all you do is web surf, twitter, check email, and update your Facebook account.

Fact is, even for gamers a fast dual core and low latency dual channel RAM is the sweet spot; especialy if overclocked.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Read the reviews. Triple channel does nothing for performance over dual channel on Intel platforms - with the exception of a few choice memory intensive apps (ripping/editing large video files and the like). For any other application, its an expensive redundancy. As a previous poster mentioned, what you really want is DDR3-1600 at a CL7 - amazing performance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

/////AM3 Processors are Dual Channel, there will never be a Triple Channel AM3 motherboard.

Come on why is there a stall in the market to provide AMD chips the triple channel advantage? If there is an advantage. I would like to see a AM3 triple chanel Mobo to Dual Channel Mobo compared? If there is such a comparison to be made.

/////No offense, but even asking this question shows your lack of subject knowledge, a wise man told me once to observe read and learn, if you do that long enough you'll discover the answers to your questions without letting others discover what you do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.