AOL freezes up on everything takes for ever to load

Rick70

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Hello,
Everything in aol from mail to opening links takes forever keep getting AOL not responding. What give with this AOL?

you really need to give more details, however most of us have removed AOL from our computers.
Depends on your internet connection, some dial up and DSL connections can run slow, even cable runs slow, depends on circumstances.
List your connection and hardware, etc...

gulfside

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I know this is an old forum but it seems no one is giving this question any time and I have same aol question as well and also the AOL news will not load. I pay aol and yes I have dialup. People can sneer at that or think it is not important but it is to those of us that have the problem. I don't believe its our computers or even dialup--I had aol on an old P1 and it worked fine --even better. The solution to just get rid of AOL does not make sense. That just sets a pattern to force us to have more speed faster computers and buy-buy-buy. Aol claims it cannot control our computers--really?? I get forced updates I do not want and know perhaps my computer doesn't have the ram to spare. Legally I suppose aol is controlling aol--and oops maybe it fracks up your pc. Anyway if there is any solution it is to move on to what--Verizon?? Another control freaking company. If AOL cannot deliver at least fair dialup then they should just give it away or for $5-----what can I say--I hope someone realizes somewhere that stuff in America should work like it used to---maybe thats why they took the America out of the AOL name---they have lost their way. Now if what they want to be is Huffington Post--then they should do that and sell dialup to someone that wants to deliver service not news.

So thats it--if you live in San Diego you can get free dialup.