ryanpwns

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
ok so i just got this cpu after hours of reviews and some of them where good but most of them are bad, im truely suprised by it, it installed my windows in 4 minutes from start to loading windows, my programs almost installed as fast as it took me to click the install button it runs at about 28c while installing and surfing the internet so im pretty sure temp will be low when playing games. but i cant get the amd overdrive program to install, and nividia ntune dont show the cpu or any of my system specks besides the gpu, im running just regular windows xp with no sp's installed, im thinking sp2 will fix a few of these problems so well see, but for the most part im really supprised with this cpu espically since i got it for 85 in a combo deal, so far it seem way faster then my q6600 system but im only going buy the install time and how fast the programs install so far, but ima bench it and see what i can get outa it, i also have the tlb patch disabled in the bios, was that supposed to be enabled or disabled?. after all the crap i read about it and how its slow and all this i have no clue what anyone is talking about really, cause its pretty fast, hopefully this chip will overclock to at least 2.6 2.7 for me, just wanted to share what i though about this so far thanks for reading ^_^

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
You did not install a Windows OS in 4 minutes. NO, NO. You didnt.

It takes about 4 mins just to load the set up files. Before you get to the screen where you press F8 to accept and go to parition menu.

Installed in 4mins. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. And programs install almost as fast you click the install icon..

ryanpwns

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
actually i did i wasent talking about the parition i said windows and im talking about from when the cd starts to install windows. i would have said parition if that is what i was talking about.

ryanpwns

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
I Turned off the tlb patch and it runs pretty good not to bad i mean for 85 bucks you cant beat it and good performance for the price, if you dont disable the tlb patch its pretty horrid though

ryanpwns

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009

did you not read i installed just the os in 4 minutes that when the cd starts up after the partition lol read before you reply

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I know how to read perfectly. You're a clown.

Let me break it down nice and simple so you can understand.

You did not install the OS in 4 mins.

1.When you put the cd in you will get a option to boot from cd(giving that your optical drive is the 1st thing on your boot order). OS isnt installed yet.

2. Press any key to boot from CD. OS isnt installed yet.

3. Set up is loading files it needs to run the set up utility. OS isnt installed yet.

4. Files are loaded and you get to get user agreement screen. press f8 OS isnt installed yet.

All these steps can be done without even having a actually hdd connected to the machine by the way. OS isnt installed yet.

5. The partition screens come up. Where do you want to install windows and so forth. OS isnt installed yet.

6. Format the drive. You have 4 choice. NFTS NFTS(quick). Same goes for FAT32. Oh and OS isnt installed yet. There hasnt even been single file written to disk yet.

7. Formats the drive. If you picked quick it will be well a quick format. If not go fix yourself some food or take a nap. Going to be there for a while. Oh and OS isnt installed yet.

8. Starts to copy the files to hdd to install windows. OS isnt installed yet.

9. Yellow bar turns red. 15 seconds machine will reboot or press enter key to reboot now. OS isnt installed yet.

10. Reboots. OS isnt installed yet.

11. Return to top of list. This time DO NOT press a key to boot from cd. OS isnt installed yet

12. OS starts to install. OS isnt installed yet.

13. Goes for a while. Enter your serial number. OS isnt installed yet.

14. Set up date/time regional settings stuff. OS isnt installed yet.

15. A screen resolution thing comes up. You have 30 seconds to say ok blah blah. OS isnt installed yet

16. The lil bar at the bottom left finishes and the machine shuts down and reboots. It may or may not automatically eject the cd tray. I dont remember.

After the last step. YAY The OS is installed. You get to go through that Animated white xp screen.

Some steps I left out. Somewhere in there you pick a user name. Set up the Admin password. The network thing. I may have mixed up the order of some of the later steps like 14. 15.

You're a fool. You do not know what you're talking bout. You did not install the OS in 4 minutes.

One last thing. If you think your OS is installed at anytime where I said it was not, do this next time. Power off the machine during that phase. Take the CD out the tray. Boot up to (well try to) your freshly installed OS.

Please read all of this and do not reply at all. There is no reason for you to reply. Run along.

ryanpwns

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009

lmfao i can belive you took that much time to write that out and you still dont read what i say said i installed in 4 minutes after the partition lol that means when the computer does the hole process then boots to the blue windows screen and says will take from 60 to 90 minutes to install lol after the partition obviously that is not what i meant the hole time no pc in the world can do the hole process in 4 minutes and most of the time it goes buy how big your hard drive is and the speed of it,when you are partitioning anyways not the cpu, so stop wasting you time trying to correct somehting that dosent need to be corrected

you the only person in the hole topic that dident understand what i meant lol

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
You meant nothing.

You're just blabbing and making stuff up.

Quick reminder of some things you said.

1 it installed my windows in 4 minutes from start to loading windows.

2 i wasent talking about the parition i said windows and im talking about from when the cd starts to install windows. i would have said parition if that is what i was talking about.

3 i installed just the os in 4 minutes that when the cd starts up after the partition

4 you still dont read what i say said i installed in 4 minutes after the partition lol that means when the computer does the hole process then boots to the blue windows screen and says will take from 60 to 90 minutes to install lol after the partition obviously that is not what i meant the hole time no pc in the world can do the hole process in 4 minutes and most of the time it goes buy how big your hard drive is and the speed of it,when you are partitioning anyways not the cpu, so stop wasting you time trying to correct somehting that dosent need to be corrected.

So now your definition of installing windows from start to loading windows is this. After the cd gets through its boot process. After you set up and format the parition/drive to install the OS. Your start to finish is from the point that the CD copies files needed to install the OS onto the hdd and reboots. Which by the way. The OS isnt installed. That is a FAIL.

And you where impressed by your cpu with how long that part took. Because we all know that is a cpu intensive task to copy files from a CD to a HDD. EPIC FAIL.

With that "benchmark" you came up with this. "so far it seem way faster then my q6600 system but im only going buy the install time and how fast the programs install so far" Which is so...FACE PALM http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/sheburns12/facepalm.jpg

Stick to buying dell/hp machines.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
The only one blabbing is you someguy. Let it go. Going from "Disk read" to "Installing windows" in 4 minutes is not impossible, infact its nothing special. Stop making this thread out to be something its not someguy, accusing him of lying for your own eGratification. Are you jealous?