Startup problem

Mandy Jamieson

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
My monitor is in sleep mode then orange light goies on and will not start up? Have checked cables, changed powerboard etc Please help, need to finish BAS

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Well you haven't given very much information to go on so I will start by saying I will give a few pointers as to what may be going on but I may end up asking more questions then answering.

First of all I am assuming what you mean is that your monitor has an orange light that comes on when it is asleep and when it does go to sleep it will not come back on. I am also assuming that since you are posting you have gotten it to come back on, possibly by restarting the monitor or computer? If this is the case the easiest fix (ok this is more of a work around) would be to disable putting your monitor to sleep entirely. This can be done in the power options in the control panel, assuming you are using windows. When you walk away from your computer just remember to turn your monitor off.

Now onto some questions that may help narrow down the problem. The more you can answer the better someone can help.

What kind of monitor are you using? Who made it and what model is it?
What OS are you using? and what works to turn the monitor back on?
Have you checked the monitor with known-good cables?
What do you mean exactly by powerboard?
What do yo mean by etc? Telling us what you have tried will help everyone not have to repeat the same steps you have already accomplished.