Display for nonstop static image use

claudiupc

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
If you know witch display(brand name and type) is best for nonstop use for a command control system witch has a static image.
The display must be 21 inch and has a image of 1024x768 and 256 colors.

Thanks.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
LCD's don't burn but they can develop what is called persistence of image when they display the same thing over time. The strength or effect varies from manufacture to manufacture. However unlike CRT's or Plasma's, it is not permanent. Shutting the LCD down and unplugging for a day or so will clear up the image shadow. This may not be ideal for you.

You will have more luck with inexpensive LCD's designed for TV use as they are generally lower resolution than computer LCD's and larger because they are designed for distance viewing.

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I'd go with an LCD with a long warranty. I never recommend brands on monitors --- by the one that looks the best to you for what you use it for.

ps. I use samsung monitors with one screen always showing stocks but I have it set so that ever 2 hours of none use, I get a screen save to pop up. LCD monitors will work fine under similar conditions

cheers