FEAR multiplayer problems

jmd749

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
i have a GTX280, 4 gigs of ddr2 1000MHz ram, a q6600@3.2GHz, a 780i evga mobo, a G15 logitech keyboard, a G5 mouse, and xfi extreme music.
after loading up a new game i get a good framerate at first, then after about 5 mins of playing, the framerate of the game drops making it unplayable. when i restart the game it starts off working good then the same thing happens. i've tried looking for fixes on the interwebs with no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.

jmd749

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
thanks for the reply, but it's not the temp, i play crysis with no problem at max settings and i get a max temp of 65 degrees celsius. i also use vista 64bit ultimate edition.

jmd749

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
@coozie7 my cooling's integrity is sound for my entire system.
and it's fear combat. i really don't know what could be the problem, i tried reinstalling the game, my display drivers, and even my sound drivers.
guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK, next obvious question; is your game fully patched and up to date? And on this point, understand my ignorance; I do n`t play multiplayer, but could it be a connection issue? Does it effect any other multiplayer/internet games you play, or just FEAR?

jmd749

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
i have it updated to the latest update(1.08).
i don't think it's a connection issue, i play L4D over steam and it runs just fine(avg of 130fps).

G

Could be a driver issues

Nvidia is known to sometimes have problems with older games like that

I think there was an issue that was just recently fixed that allowed you play a game... like before the driver update you couldn't even play the game... so it might be a driver issue

Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version (180.48 i think)

and if it still happens try rolling back your drivers to a later version like 172 or something