Need help: direct x

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Hey,

I just got my new computer last week,
And I installed warcraft 3, it worked fine

Now today I reformatted my hard drives, and installed warcraft 3 again
It says: warcraft 3 was unable to initialize directx. Please ensure you have 8.1 or higher and that your display drivers are current.

Well, when I go to dxdiag, it tells me: Direct-X version: DirectX 10

Thats 8.1 or higher right??

Or is there something wrong with my drivers??

I don't know anything about drivers I just reinstalled my vista and formated my drives, so I don't know what happened

Thanks!!

Your graphics card will work without drivers but to work properly they need a bunch of code called drivers. These drivers would have presumably been on the hard drive you formatted. You can get new ones from the web site of which ever company your card is from ATI or Nvidia

Mactronix

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I updated vista,direct x and my videocard drivers,
The game is working etc
But a few more problems:
I have no sound at all, my internet is very slow

Thanks!!

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
go to device manager and see if there are any error messages. Most likely, you need to go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the onboard sound drivers and ethernet drivers. that is, assuming that you have everything plugged in right and nothing is broken

Is that sarcasm;)
It`s possible you have not reinstalled your motherboard drivers either, most modern MBs` have onboard sound (needs driver) and a NIC (Network Interface Controller) that connects to the `net (also needs driver). You may find these drivers on a disc which came with the new computer, if not, best bet is to try Tech Support.
Tell us if this is store bought or a homebuild, can you?

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
store bought, I got a lot of disks with it
-one version of windows vista home premium edition
-microsoft works 9.0
-and one apllication and support disc: bundle software not for resale

That are the 3 discs I got

Also, I don't know what brand my motherboard is, I suppose I low-quality one

How do I see it??