Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I guess BTX is dead

Last response: in Components
February 20, 2009 7:45:31 PM

Beating my head on the wall......
Well I rediscovered a bunch of old (ancient in tech terms) parts I had. The board is a brand new in the box Intel 955X. It is a full size (12.8" x 10.5") BTX mobo. Read that last sentence again.

Good luck finding a cheap BTX case that isn't micro or pico. I was considering buying a used Thermaltake case and BTX 'upgrade' kit. I didn't want to spend more than 40 or 50 bucks on the case. I gotta get with the times...BTX is no more. Only Dell seems to use it, but there cases and boards are like custom built for each model.

I guess I can buy a cheap ATX motherboard.

More about : guess btx dead

a c 248 ) Power supply
February 20, 2009 9:10:13 PM

Haven't heard the term BTX in ages!

There are plenty of micro ATX motherboards available. They are usually listed as mATX boards.

There are plenty of micro or mini tower cases available as well as small form factor (sff) cases.

Here's an expensive but interesting case I am considering for my next case mod project:

http://www.pcdesignlab.com/
February 20, 2009 11:54:45 PM

I had to go searching in the Thermaltake discontinued/refurb/clearance bin and get a Aguila case and a BTX conversion plate. Hopefully that works, if not I am going to use a cardboard box. I learned my lesson here......BTX is gone (like I used it anyway), and throw away any BTX parts I may have.
!