Sign in with
Your question

Corrupted photo files

Last response: in Storage
May 6, 2010 7:45:07 PM

I am having problems with downloading my photos to my PC w/ Windows 7. When I put my SD Memory card in the internal card reader or an external card reader there are random photos corrupted. I pull out the card and use the same external card reader and card on a different computer and I have no problems w/ XP or Windows 7 on a different computers. I bought a new card, reformatted the card and I still have issues. The photo shows about 1/2 the photo and the rest is all gray. Does anyone have any ideas what this problem can be?

More about : corrupted photo files

June 27, 2010 3:39:56 PM

I have the same problem. Ever since I started downloading my photos onto my new computer with windows 7 ultimate my photos just like yours come out corrupted. Just a few out of the bunch. Sometimes they are half gray, or mulitcolored; some are a 1/4 corrupted or 1/4 to 1/2 transparent. I tried the placed the same photos on my XP pro computer and didn't have a problem. I believe this an endemic problem with windows 7. What else could it be? I had my video card changed but it didn't make any difference. I have no other explanation except that windows 7 is the problem. Are you reading this Microsoft?
m
l
!