Sign in with
Your question

No tv-out signal geforce 9400gt

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
December 21, 2008 7:29:41 PM

Hi Guys,

Firts of all: I'm sorry for my lame english. I'm Dutch, so please excuse my grammar ;) 

I'm getting kind of frustrated now.
I just bought myself a new comp with a Nvidia Geforce 9400gt. This morning I tried to watch a movie on my tv by using tv-out, but (of course) it didn't work.

I have a complete cablnetwork from my comp to my tv, because i used to have a geforce fx 5200 on which the tv-out worked perfect. I start with s-video, than the cable had to be extended using composite-cable. Than finally i use a scartbox to plug it in my tv. Like I said, it used to work, but since the new viedocard, I can't get it to work.

1) I've already tried with new drivers. The only thing it got me was that in the Nvidia Control display I can't use dualview anymore, now I only can use Clone (which still doesn't work)
2) I've tried plugging in the composite directly in my tv. Didn't make a difference.
3) tried using TVtools.
4) Tried searching the internet

My OS is Vista...

I really hope someone can help me. I would be very grateful.

More about : signal geforce 9400gt

December 22, 2008 3:20:01 AM

hmmmm sound like either the port on the card or the cable is busted....try a new cable and if all else fails get a replacement
m
l
Anonymous
December 22, 2008 7:04:24 AM

I do not think my card has a defect. When I asked my wife to take a look at the tv when i changed something on my comp, she replied she saw the screen flicker...
What I don't get, is that I can't seem to identify the two screens. On mij desktop I see '1', but on the tv doesn't appear '2'.

Anybody else??
m
l
Related resources
March 30, 2009 9:03:58 PM

I am having the same problem, with the same card, so it can't be a cable problem. the same cable to the same TV works fine from my laptop
m
l
April 25, 2009 10:10:07 AM

Also having the exact same problem, Just got a nVidia 9400GT, tried plugging it in, and only get a white flicker for a mili-second whenever i change a setting in the nVidia control panel?
m
l
April 25, 2009 10:38:08 AM

Just downloaded and installed new driver (182.5) and is now working fine :) 
m
l
February 20, 2010 12:51:02 AM

l This is the problem regarding the S-Video connector you use with the graphics card port. Use the image from the link to build the correct connector.
m
l
February 20, 2010 12:52:19 AM

Adammm said:
Just downloaded and installed new driver (182.5) and is now working fine :) 
This didn't solve the problem.
m
l
March 9, 2012 1:56:43 PM

Srivatsan said:
l This is the problem regarding the S-Video connector you use with the graphics card port. Use the image from the link to build the correct connector.

dude
this link is no more active please provide any other link for the content
m
l
!