Multiple hp printers can not remove

abreed

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Hello,I have several issues with my Hp 7130 originally installed directly to computer now installed thru router with a network adapter hp's problem is each time I had to reinstall it seems to leave something behind have tried various ways to completely remove but it shows up in start menu etc as XXXX-6 was-5 etc keeps going up other main issue is cannot get anything to show in scan to other then one pc no software or other computers on network. any help on how to totally remove all references to this printer so will be a fresh install and how to allow either scanning directly from adobe or paint etc or scan to them from director or the printer panel. Thanks

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
You will need to clean the registry from the HP 7130 references.
You can also run Windows Explorer, scan through the folders and delete remenants of that printer as well as the Windows folder. Careful not to delete system files and always backup before deleting, especially the registry.

abreed

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
I guess I am not clear enough the install of hp's software was not being completely removed therefore something in xp was picking up the remnants when it went to apply a name it showed up as 7130-2 then 7130-3 then 7130-4 and so on when ever i tried to remove it also was showing up in adobe when I tried to scan from that app. it would show several lines of officejet then you would have to guess which one was the correct one otherwise it would tell you scanner not available till you picked the right one. I was kind of hoping someone could point me to where windows stores references to printers so I did not have to search folder by folder because some of this printer is found under aio some under 71xx some under hp big pain.

trademark2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
start > printers and faxes? or is that what wouldnt work?

if its not, theres an option there on the left side that says delete this printer (uninstall the selected printers from windows).

abreed

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Do a registry search for the latest number eg. 7130(7), like I said before backup registry before delete. It is also better to uninstall the software before registry delete.
Documents and Settings might have HP software tracking under your user name.