GIGABYTE motherboard GA-M61PME-S2P issues

johnnyptexas

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Anyone else have issues with OS not loading when using the above board. I can access BIOS but OS never launches. Several HB have been tried with no success

johnnyptexas

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Yes. Bios is configured correctly. I've been told that XP does not like to switch mother boards or processors. Need a work around that does not involve loading a new OS

The change in hardware isn't any more or less of a problem with XP. If your settings are correct and the disc is not damaged, it will boot off the disc fine.

1. Make sure the HD and optical drives are both plugged in correctly.
2. Make sure the optical drive (one with the os disc) is listed as the first boot device.
3. Make sure the screen is auto aligned so you can see the message to 'press any key'

iceregent

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I just bought a new gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P MOTHER BOARD AND amd sempron 1250 2.2ghz CPU combo from FRY'S. I also bought a brand new case with a 380 watt ps, 4 gbytes of 800mhz ddr2 ram. I put everything together, plain and clear with no problems, connected all the propper connections etc. I have built many systems from scratch before, so I am no novice. However, the system will power up, I can go into the CMOS with no problems, I can boot to a win98 floppy and browse a cdrom/dvd with no problems from DOS. It boots up into the winxp setup program, asks me if I want to proceed to install windows xp, and when I hit enter, it instantly reboots and goes thru the same cycle again.

I tried it first with an old 80 gig hd with win98 system on it, soon as it started trying to boot off the hard drive it rebooted, I tried it with a blank fresh fdisk'ed hard drive, it rebooted at the same moment, I tried it with my known good 300gig hd from my other system, same reboot, everytime it starts in to try booting, it reboots. Any ideas?

Thanks;
Ice

columbusbobby23

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I Believe somebody else in another forum was having the same problem when they tried to install XP. They fixed it by using a hard drive that already had windows installed for a different computer. Then he Flashed the BIOS and didn't have any more problems with it. I believe this motherboard has had 2 BIOS updates since it came out.

As for the first problem.....Have you tried loading the Fail-safe settings in the BIOS?

electrix_85

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
you should download sata driver and copy that file to floppy disk
press F6 when windows XP setup load and choose XP sata driver to make your mobo detect your harddisk drive.

sory for my bad english.
you can download XP sata driver from the site.

^^