Lost data from RAID 1

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 7, 2010 11:11:29 AM

Hi,

have 3 HDDS.

1 SSD non-RAID including the OS.
2 normal HDDS only for data that form a RAID 1 array.

So, here is my story:

I experienced a system crash (i dont remember exactly but i think PC shut down out of the blue!and i had power normally, i also have a UPS) and then i was not able to boot to OS again.

In my effort to fix it i accidentally cleared CMOS :D  Anyway after reinstalling the OS to the SSD i lost SOME and i repeat SOME of my data!!
How this could be possible! I did NOT even touch the RAID 1 array!!

Tried just about everything (including data recovery softwares) but NO LUCK! Everything looks normal in the PC and as if i have again the configuration i had before the crash. Have absolutely no clue what happened. Drives me crazy! :bounce:  Anyone could help?

More about : lost data raid

a b G Storage
May 7, 2010 1:15:48 PM

If your BIOS reset to its default, open it and re-enable your HDDs to RAID configuration from the default PATA/IDE, save and exit. Upon restart, POST, and boot into your OS, you will have your RAID volume again. If your are using Intel Matrix Storage Manager, it will rebuild the volume automatically.
May 7, 2010 10:10:06 PM

treefrog07 said:
If your BIOS reset to its default, open it and re-enable your HDDs to RAID configuration from the default PATA/IDE, save and exit. Upon restart, POST, and boot into your OS, you will have your RAID volume again. If your are using Intel Matrix Storage Manager, it will rebuild the volume automatically.

I think I have a similar problem that I described in this thread http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258277-32-make-raid-bootable And I'm thinking of resetting the BIOS and CMOS but I'm afraid that I may loose the access to my current RAID. I'm not sure where the information that my hard drives are supposed to work as RAID is stored. If this info is not on the hard drives themselves but somewhere in the mobo isn't it dangerous to reset the BIOS?
Related resources
May 8, 2010 2:44:11 AM

information for the RAID is written on the drive. the controller read precise sector at boot and configure itself to suit the RAID type.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 8, 2010 6:54:47 PM

treefrog07 said:

Have already DONE that and yes i am using Intel Matrix Storage Manager
i have my RAID volume but i do not have my precious data!! Some of them are missing!!!! And some others not!!!

Have tried some utilities to recover data and i DID find some of my lost data but still this was not a solution.

It seems like part of data and specifically ALL pdf and .doc files are missing!!! But pictures music and vidoes are there!

Can you please give me an explanation WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?
!