Hi all

I have a question about swimming pools.
I don't seem to be able to build any other shape than a plain
square/rectangle.
I was trying to build pools like in TS with stepped sides, or chequerboard
or with a large square and small square intersecting (sort of a square
figure 8) but haven't had any luck.
Is there some cheat?

Many thanks
Dim Sim

hello a nice tutorial to pools is here in my opinion that is

http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html

drs. muts wrote:
> hello a nice tutorial to pools is here in my opinion that is
>
> http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html
>

> "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>I have a question about swimming pools.
>>I don't seem to be able to build any other shape than a plain
>>square/rectangle.
>>I was trying to build pools like in TS with stepped sides, or chequerboard
>>or with a large square and small square intersecting (sort of a square
>>figure 8) but haven't had any luck.
>>Is there some cheat?
>>
>>Many thanks
>>Dim Sim

And, if you're interested, there's also a pretty nifty tutorial about rooftop
pools at Avenida Sims - http://avenidasims.com/english/sim2_index.html under
Data/Tutorial.

"Katiya" <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> schreef in bericht

> drs. muts wrote:
> > hello a nice tutorial to pools is here in my opinion that is
> >
> > http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html
> >

> > "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> >>Hi all
> >>
> >>I have a question about swimming pools.
> >>I don't seem to be able to build any other shape than a plain
> >>square/rectangle.
> >>I was trying to build pools like in TS with stepped sides, or
chequerboard
> >>or with a large square and small square intersecting (sort of a square
> >>figure 8) but haven't had any luck.
> >>Is there some cheat?
> >>
> >>Many thanks
> >>Dim Sim
>
> And, if you're interested, there's also a pretty nifty tutorial about
rooftop
> pools at Avenida Sims - http://avenidasims.com/english/sim2_index.html
under
> Data/Tutorial.

Thanks but thats to complicated for me yet ;-)

Thank you so much

Have a great day
Regards
Dim Sim

"drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl> wrote in message
> hello a nice tutorial to pools is here in my opinion that is
>
> http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html
>

> "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have a question about swimming pools.
>> I don't seem to be able to build any other shape than a plain
>> square/rectangle.
>> I was trying to build pools like in TS with stepped sides, or
>> chequerboard
>> or with a large square and small square intersecting (sort of a square
>> figure 8) but haven't had any luck.
>> Is there some cheat?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Dim Sim

I wouldn't bother with making a fancy pool. In my experience most sims in
sims 2 really don't care about the pool, even active ones. They swim for a
while dive a few times then go find something better to do. Hot tubs are
much more effective at entertaining the sims mostly because they can
actually chat and cuddle and even woohoo.
-josh
"drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl> wrote in message
> hello a nice tutorial to pools is here in my opinion that is
>
> http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html
>

> "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have a question about swimming pools.
>> I don't seem to be able to build any other shape than a plain
>> square/rectangle.
>> I was trying to build pools like in TS with stepped sides, or
>> chequerboard
>> or with a large square and small square intersecting (sort of a square
>> figure 8) but haven't had any luck.
>> Is there some cheat?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Dim Sim

I do wish that Sims would play in the pool...like water volleyball or Marco
Polo...
they should have the option to splash each other and dunk each other

:/

--
- D

Joshua White wrote:
> I wouldn't bother with making a fancy pool. In my experience most sims in
> sims 2 really don't care about the pool, even active ones. They swim for a
> while dive a few times then go find something better to do. Hot tubs are
> much more effective at entertaining the sims mostly because they can
> actually chat and cuddle and even woohoo.

I suspect that fancy swimming pools are more for the joy of the player than the
Sim. :)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:24:46 GMT, Katiya
<katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote:

>Joshua White wrote:
>> I wouldn't bother with making a fancy pool. In my experience most sims in
>> sims 2 really don't care about the pool, even active ones. They swim for a
>> while dive a few times then go find something better to do. Hot tubs are
>> much more effective at entertaining the sims mostly because they can
>> actually chat and cuddle and even woohoo.
>
>I suspect that fancy swimming pools are more for the joy of the player than the
> Sim. :)

Of course. The Sims don't care what color the bedding is either, but
for some reason the players do--at least, I do. I have probably more
bedding recolors than any other kind of recolors.

BW

Me too!

"My name is Megan and I am a Sims bed-a-holic"

;')

MM

"Katiya" <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote in message

> Joshua White wrote:
>> I wouldn't bother with making a fancy pool. In my experience most sims
>> in sims 2 really don't care about the pool, even active ones. They swim
>> for a while dive a few times then go find something better to do. Hot
>> tubs are much more effective at entertaining the sims mostly because they
>> can actually chat and cuddle and even woohoo.
>
> I suspect that fancy swimming pools are more for the joy of the player
> than the Sim. :)

I know my favorite part of playing the game is the design aspect...or the
redecorating or even just creating sims.... I do actually play too
sometimes... but I'm a frustrated interior designer ;-) My gameplay has
just improved dramatically since the new recolours and walls and floors!!!
I find it really interesting to see what aspects people find the most fun
about the game. Another thing that really amazed me when i first joined
this group, and also since TS2 was released, is how many people actually
play the goths and other characters that maxis creates. I can honestly say
other than in the tutorial on the original sims, I have never ever played
them. In fact I deleted them on the original sims so I had more room to
build more houses! I haven't deleted them this time, but I started off in
Pleasantview and moved on to my own neighbourhood cos I rather them make
friends with my own created sims... We're all so different really :)

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

"hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

.......................Another thing that really amazed me when i first
joined
> this group, and also since TS2 was released, is how many people actually
> play the goths and other characters that maxis creates. I can honestly
> say other than in the tutorial on the original sims, I have never ever
> played them. In fact I deleted them on the original sims so I had more
> room to build more houses! I haven't deleted them this time, but I
> started off in Pleasantview and moved on to my own neighbourhood cos I
> rather them make friends with my own created sims... We're all so
> different really :)

There you go. That is just what happened to me.
My first/second install; I wiped out most of the Maxi Sims, eventually
abandoned the neighbourhoods and the mass of characters and stayed in my own
areas.

This run through I am working in Pleasantview, but my own Sims are taking
over and I am playing the Maxi offers less and less.

Off topic, but a chance to let me grump a bit.... Fun and games with my
computer this last few days.
Had a chance to grab a Radeon 9800 SE 256. 'I wannit!' said I. 'Gimme!'
Currently running.. oh.. Nvidea 4200, or something, with a bitty 64
whatsits, so you can see why I turned greedy.
'But think of the money I am saving,' I told husband, who sighed, and wrote
a cheque. (Unexpected, but gratefully received)

I got it. Would it work? No, it would not. Frustration.
Son came over, tutting. mangled the BIOS while I stood and wailed.
Son took card away to test on his machine. Perfect. Nice card.
'I tell you what. Let me use this card and you try my Radeon card.... Just
test it...'
Would it work? No it would not.
'How much power have you got... Do you really NEED this floppy?'
'YES! I have a little cable thing. Use the second floppy feed. Gimme my new
card back!'
'Good grief, mother. You need a bigger power supply...'
'Yes, yes. Give me my card back!'
'You might as well hang onto my old card. it's just as good.. Get another
power supply and..'
'Yes. yes. GIVE ME MY NEW CARD BACK!' <Major tantrum time>

Bought power supply on-line. Husband, still sighing, said he would pay and
clumped off on his crutches.
His plastic number was rejected. No cash in his card. Great searching took
place. No CARD!
Deep Gloom. Phone bank.

Oh! His debit card was cancelled last Friday afternoon... He went out to buy
petrol last friday morning. All his money still intact.
Give thanks to an honest person somewhere in this area. Big smile.
Lectured husband on his slap-dash habits and being on crutches is NO excuse.
Lectured loud and long.
Husband said 'Buy your own damn power supply...'
Became nice to husband. Baked a cake.

Power supply arriving this morning and I am sitting here with my screwdriver
in my hand, and a nasty glint in my eye, because my son STILL has the new
graphics card and is going away to work up north for a week.
And he has taken his Radeon CD away by mistake but left me his old card.
I think I will kill him.

grump over.

Granny - More tea! More tea!

Do you want to be my mum instead? Please? Everytime I try to upgrade my
fathers machine he complains that things are different/don't work the same.
This is a man that runs a geophysical chemistry lab. He can operate all
those chemistry machines and what-not, but he can't handle anything higher
than 98SE (at home), nor operate the video recorder by himself.

Sometimes, just to annoy him I change his desktop and/or sounds to confuse
him. I don't know why. He just makes me change them back.

;')

You should have heard what he said when my trying to network his machine
with my P4 running XP killed his operating system. Whew! I got all his files
back but - "It's not the same. Things are different!"

MM

> Do you want to be my mum instead? Please? Everytime I try to upgrade my
> fathers machine he complains that things are different/don't work the
> same.

Oh, I KNOW! When I upgrade or go crazy and buy new, my old stuff gets
passed to my husband.
You should hear what he says about my old computer 'breaking' his Lotus 123.

This 'me being the computer buff' and him being the 'electronics whizz' is
due to me, the female, finding and curing a circuit glitch (with silver
paper and glue) way back in about 1982 and him deciding that computers were
'toys' suitable for females and those of a low intelligence.

He won;t play chess with me any more, either. 8)))
Mind, me jumping round the room yelling 'yes! YES!' and punching the air,
was, perhaps, not a nice thing to do to a new husband who had played chess
about twice before in his life. (I did not know that).

> This is a man that runs a geophysical chemistry lab. He can operate all
> those chemistry machines and what-not, but he can't handle anything higher
> than 98SE (at home), nor operate the video recorder by himself.

<nods.> That's it.. except my man hung onto Windows 95 until I pulled it
away, just like a grubby comfort blanket and washed it all up.
If your father can handle Win 98SE he is doing better than this guy... who
lies in bed and reads circuit diagrams for fun.... 8((((

Man down the road used to phone his son up (who was in university) when they
wanted to pre-record a video program. I have been asked not to tell the
parents that I know about this. 8))))

> Sometimes, just to annoy him I change his desktop and/or sounds to confuse
> him. I don't know why. He just makes me change them back.

Want to know a real, deep horrid thing to do? My son did it to me years back
when I was writing big-time.
Go into his word processor and change the default text colour to white - or
the same shade as the background paper.

I sat down, rubbed my hands and thought 'right!' loaded in huge text, with a
big smile on my face... Then sat for about a minute just staring at the
screen and making faint, pathetic whimpering sounds.

> ;')
>
> You should have heard what he said when my trying to network his machine
> with my P4 running XP killed his operating system. Whew! I got all his
> files
> back but - "It's not the same. Things are different!"

Networking? Well I would yell abuse at that as well, though i wouldn;t mind
the operating system being wiped out.
One shrugs, philosophically, like, and, puts it all back in again, only now
it is nice and tidy.

The other night, when my son was glaring at the non-functioning graphics
board he said 'I don;t know why I am down here on my hands and knees doing
this, you are perfectly capable of putting in a new board...' grumble,
grumble...
I said I was making him feel wanted.
But we were thinking back. When I had an Acorn RISC PC It was such a lovely
machine to take to bits, gloat over and put back together again. One could
have a real clean-up (spray polish the circuit boards. Clean all that nasty
sticky stuff from under those hot chips... you know how it goes) well you
did it for fun, when you were bored.

Not any more. 8((( Nasty boxes, no space for fumbling fingers and the
number of connections at the back!! Horror!
USB might have made it a bit easier, but half my extra stuff.. graphics
tablet and a venerable film scanner, has a thingy to USB connector, and more
wires, and drivers and daisy-chained things and external old V90 modem still
chugging along.. scanners, printer, sound recording thing.. I just unplug
the lot now and have a bunch of wires held in a bulldog clip and pegged to
the end of my curtain.

Dead technical, we are. I have just checked, and see one cable has been
clothes-pegged to the end of a wind-chime.
Tinkle-tinkle-clunk.

Granny - still waiting for the power supply.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:43:14 +1100, "hangover_girl"
<hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote:

>"Katiya" <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote in message
>>

>> Joshua White wrote:
>>> I wouldn't bother with making a fancy pool. In my experience most sims
>>> in sims 2 really don't care about the pool, even active ones. They swim
>>> for a while dive a few times then go find something better to do. Hot
>>> tubs are much more effective at entertaining the sims mostly because they
>>> can actually chat and cuddle and even woohoo.
>>
>> I suspect that fancy swimming pools are more for the joy of the player
>> than the Sim. :)
>
>I know my favorite part of playing the game is the design aspect...or the
>redecorating or even just creating sims.... I do actually play too
>sometimes... but I'm a frustrated interior designer ;-) My gameplay has
>just improved dramatically since the new recolours and walls and floors!!!
>I find it really interesting to see what aspects people find the most fun
>about the game. Another thing that really amazed me when i first joined
>this group, and also since TS2 was released, is how many people actually
>play the goths and other characters that maxis creates. I can honestly say
>other than in the tutorial on the original sims, I have never ever played
>them. In fact I deleted them on the original sims so I had more room to
>build more houses! I haven't deleted them this time, but I started off in
>Pleasantview and moved on to my own neighbourhood cos I rather them make
>friends with my own created sims... We're all so different really :)

I like starting with pre-made families in Sims 2 because they've
already got some skills and friends, and I haven't had much time to
get up to speed. This way, I can learn the game without starting from
zero in terms of friends, skills, and money. But I mix them with my
own created Sims, and I change the appearance of some of the pre-made
Sims to suit my own scenarios.

With Sims 1, after doing the tutorial, I created a family and focused
on that for quite a while, then played mostly my own families and the
Newbies. Later, I started playing the Goths too, but not as much as
the Newbies. I didn't move the Pleasants, Roomies, etc. into the game
for a long time, and I still haven't played them that much. Some day,
I'll go back and get Michael Bachelor moved along in a career and
married to both of the Roomies giirls. For some reason, I've always
been fond of Bob Newbie, and I have bunch of all-Bob-Newbie households
in one Sims 1 neighborhood just for grins. I have a soft spot for
Mortimer Goth too.

BW

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> Want to know a real, deep horrid thing to do? My son did
> it to me years back when I was writing big-time.
> Go into his word processor and change the default text
> colour to white - or the same shade as the background
> paper.

Another fun joke is telling Word to change every occurence of
"the" into "peanut butter".

T.

OMIGOD you crack me up...ROFLMAO!!!

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:43:14 +1100, "hangover_girl"
<snip>
> For some reason, I've always
> been fond of Bob Newbie, and I have bunch of all-Bob-Newbie
households
> in one Sims 1 neighborhood just for grins.

I did the same thing, except with Bella Goth.

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> Want to know a real, deep horrid thing to do? My son did
>> it to me years back when I was writing big-time.
>> Go into his word processor and change the default text
>> colour to white - or the same shade as the background
>> paper.
>
> Another fun joke is telling Word to change every occurence of
> "the" into "peanut butter".

We used to have a party game once... Well, for 'party' read: pissed at
newts...
Take a text and argle-bargle it. I can't remember the right order, if it
makes any difference, but change all the 'e's to eekle
change 'a's to 'argle'. 'I's, to 'ingle... then oglet, and umpelty. or
perhaps not as many. Whatever.
Finally, print out the result and read it out as seriously as you can .
Sometimes you could have words stretched to about 25 letters. 8)))
I can remember having to recite 'I wandered, lonely as a cloud,' once and
almost collapsing.

Ahhh.. Those were the days. Just not the same when you are drinking orange
juice.

Granny - IPPITE warglendeeklereekled loneeklely argles argle cloud tharglet
floarglets on hippitegh oreekle dargleleekles arglend hippitells…
Hmmm. Sounds good almost Early English, that does.

> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> > Granny Crabapple wrote:
> >
> >> Want to know a real, deep horrid thing to do? My son did
> >> it to me years back when I was writing big-time.
> >> Go into his word processor and change the default text
> >> colour to white - or the same shade as the background
> >> paper.
> >
> > Another fun joke is telling Word to change every occurence of
> > "the" into "peanut butter".
> >
> We used to have a party game once... Well, for 'party' read: pissed at
> newts...
> Take a text and argle-bargle it. I can't remember the right order, if it
> makes any difference, but change all the 'e's to eekle
> change 'a's to 'argle'. 'I's, to 'ingle... then oglet, and umpelty. or
> perhaps not as many. Whatever.
> Finally, print out the result and read it out as seriously as you can .
> Sometimes you could have words stretched to about 25 letters. 8)))
> I can remember having to recite 'I wandered, lonely as a cloud,' once and
> almost collapsing.
>
> Ahhh.. Those were the days. Just not the same when you are drinking orange
> juice.
>
> Granny - IPPITE warglendeeklereekled loneeklely argles argle cloud
tharglet
> floarglets on hippitegh oreekle dargleleekles arglend hippitells.
> Hmmm. Sounds good almost Early English, that does.

Sounds like Vogon poetry!

;')

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:43:14 +1100, "hangover_girl"

> I like starting with pre-made families in Sims 2 because they've
> already got some skills and friends, and I haven't had much time to
> get up to speed. This way, I can learn the game without starting from
> zero in terms of friends, skills, and money.

Yes, with the plain game that is a pain in the neck, and so illogical. I
have said before. Hardly likely a new family would move into a house and
have no skills whatsoever.
This is why I use SimPe. Pop the new Sims into a house then save, fast and
set them up nicely with a full set of skills and quirks.

I was greatly amused yesterday, after installing the baker Street Gang and
the Moriarty Mob into their respective, identical houses, and seeing
Moriarty gossiping to Colnel Moran about Sherlock Holmes, although they had
never met yet. (minus 80, deadly enemy)

Later, Watson ran into Moriarty in the Ruptured Duck, but just avoided him.
One quick natter, then turned around and walked away.

> With Sims 1, after doing the tutorial, I created a family and focused
> on that for quite a while, then played mostly my own families and the
> Newbies. Later, I started playing the Goths too, but not as much as
> the Newbies. I didn't move the Pleasants, Roomies, etc. into the game
> for a long time, and I still haven't played them that much. Some day,
> I'll go back and get Michael Bachelor moved along in a career and
> married to both of the Roomies giirls. For some reason, I've always
> been fond of Bob Newbie, and I have bunch of all-Bob-Newbie households
> in one Sims 1 neighborhood just for grins. I have a soft spot for
> Mortimer Goth too.

Ah. Mortimer is living in the lap of luxury in my current game. Cassy has
moved in with disgustingly wealthy senior Vulcan along with father and
brother. I gave Morty his own wing... Everything top notch, posh.
Comfort.... The bum prefers to hang about in the lad's room playing on his
pinball machine.

I got really fed up with her psychological set-up so I SimPe'ed her to
normalicy.
While I could happily play the game without any other hacks, I really do not
think I could stand playing now without SimPe or the boolprop ability to
change aspirations as circumstances change.

I certainly don;t mind emptying potties. 8(

Granny.

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> > Not even I'm that mean. His idea of computer fun is card games and
> > organising his recipes. He has this complicated Excel setup
>
> But that takes skill! or at the least, a very patient, long suffering
> nature.

It takes a long suffering nature - they are just lists. No database
functions or cross-referencing to be seen. He uses Excel because he has
tables that are wider than a page in Word and he wants everything to be on
single lines.

> I stopped watching Red D because I could stand the way ... Ohhh... The
bloke
> with the beard. The Main character!! Well i couldn't stand watching him
eat.

Lister. I stopped watching once too. Not for Lister. I close my eyes for
Lister. I stopped once because there was this scene on a PsyMoon where
Rimmer was stripped down and oiled. I looked at him and thought - mmmm,
nice! I had to stop watching then. Thinking about Rimmer's oiled pecks was
just too worrying. ;')

MM

>> > Not even I'm that mean. His idea of computer fun is card games and
>> > organising his recipes. He has this complicated Excel setup
>>
>> But that takes skill! or at the least, a very patient, long suffering
>> nature.

Just out of interest, what for he has a data base of recipes for? Is he a
chef or an enthusiastic cooker?
My guy, most pleased that he cannot handle a saucepan with one hand and a
crutch, or our kitchen is too small for him and a walking frame.

I am pleased, too.

> It takes a long suffering nature - they are just lists. No database
> functions or cross-referencing to be seen. He uses Excel because he has
> tables that are wider than a page in Word and he wants everything to be on
> single lines.

My man misses card file.
I don't need to use databases. 8)))

> Lister. I stopped watching once too. Not for Lister. I close my eyes for
> Lister. I stopped once because there was this scene on a PsyMoon where
> Rimmer was stripped down and oiled. I looked at him and thought - mmmm,
> nice! I had to stop watching then. Thinking about Rimmer's oiled pecks was
> just too worrying. ;')

It could have been worse. You could have ogled Kryton.
Mr Scrap Heap, himself.

Grany.

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> >> But that takes skill! or at the least, a very patient, long suffering
> >> nature.
>
> Just out of interest, what for he has a data base of recipes for? Is he a
> chef or an enthusiastic cooker?
> My guy, most pleased that he cannot handle a saucepan with one hand and a
> crutch, or our kitchen is too small for him and a walking frame.

He's an enthusiastic cooker. Takes recipe books to bed for entertainment. He
also had a pub for a while where he did all the cooking. I remember one time
he made Tikka Masala and a couple of other curries from scratch for the pub.
He ground the herbs. Dry rubbed and roasted the meat. Prepared the curry
base from scratch too.Bloody delicious! One day a tourist and her family
comes into the front bar, looks at the menu "Traditional Tikka Masala" and
says in a stage whisper to her group "Look, curried dog!" Dad nearly went
red from refraining from calling her every rude thing he could think of.

> I am pleased, too.
> >
> > It takes a long suffering nature - they are just lists. No database
> > functions or cross-referencing to be seen. He uses Excel because he has
> > tables that are wider than a page in Word and he wants everything to be
on
> > single lines.
>
> My man misses card file.
> I don't need to use databases. 8)))
> >

> > Lister. I stopped watching once too. Not for Lister. I close my eyes for
> > Lister. I stopped once because there was this scene on a PsyMoon where
> > Rimmer was stripped down and oiled. I looked at him and thought - mmmm,
> > nice! I had to stop watching then. Thinking about Rimmer's oiled pecks
was
> > just too worrying. ;')
> >
> It could have been worse. You could have ogled Kryton.
> Mr Scrap Heap, himself.

Old double-Polaroid from a vacuum cleaner? That wouldn't have been so bad. I
saw The Britas Empire before I ever saw Red Dwarf - maybe I should have said
"Thinking about Mr Britas's pecs was just too worrying."

MM

>> Just out of interest, what for he has a data base of recipes for? Is he a
>> chef or an enthusiastic cooker?
>> My guy, most pleased that he cannot handle a saucepan with one hand and a
>> crutch, or our kitchen is too small for him and a walking frame.
>
> He's an enthusiastic cooker.

Oh ENVY!!!! Though I have to admit that I find cooking more of a necessity
than a pleasure, so anyone preparing me even a peanut butter sandwich would
be greeted with tears of gratitude.

Do you find that when a man takes to cooking, he means 'cooking', the
preperation and the simmering or roasting, but not the cleaning up
afterwards??
Or, in the case of an organised (wha-hahaha!) cook in a very small kitchen,
the cleaning up 'during'. Well, I try, anyway.

Takes recipe books to bed for entertainment.

Oh, I do that. I read them in a kind of wistful, hopeful way. like pouring
over maps of far-away places I know I will never visit.
I bought an old librabry book on ... oh lor... patisserie baking.
Oh, the pictures of little marzipan folded filo parcels and apricot fumbles
sprinkled with slivers of roasted almonds. Sluuuup... the different
pastries, and glazes, and gnash fillings and... Excuse me, while I weep.
We all have our dreams.

He
> also had a pub for a while where he did all the cooking.

That takes both self-discipline and skill. I am impressed by anyone who can
organise anything - and get it to work.

I remember one time
> he made Tikka Masala and a couple of other curries from scratch for the
> pub.
> He ground the herbs. Dry rubbed and roasted the meat. Prepared the curry
> base from scratch too.Bloody delicious! One day a tourist and her family
> comes into the front bar, looks at the menu "Traditional Tikka Masala" and
> says in a stage whisper to her group "Look, curried dog!" Dad nearly went
> red from refraining from calling her every rude thing he could think of.

8)))

>> It could have been worse. You could have ogled Kryton.
>> Mr Scrap Heap, himself.
>
> Old double-Polaroid

Oh YES!!!! Oh lor... Not often I laugh until I fall over, but that
episode....

As ever, the early series were the best - IMHO.

Granny.