NEW BUILD LATEST PARTS!

naits360

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
okok, I've got my build set up. I have a pretty high budget with the latest parts. Just got a few questions...

Antec Performance One P182
Asus GTX280
Asus P6T Deluxe
Corsair Dominator TWIN3X DDR3-1600 6 GB (3x2GB)
Intel Core i7 920
Logitech Z-2300 2.1
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit OEM
Noctua NH-U12P
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300 GB (was planning on running 2 in RAID 0, and the other one as a normal HDD, since i won't really have alot of programs on this PC, therefore don't need alot of space)
HP w2207h (I've had this monitor in mind a long time now, but it has been on the marked a long time aswell, and I'm wondering: Is it still a good gaming monitor? Considering there are many others out now?)

I haven't included optical drive cause i will just pic up the cheapest possible once i buy everything

But this is a full setup, a whole rig, so if I've forgotten anything please tell^^
AND if you guys have any suggestions feel free^^

STIAN

The GTX 280 will fit in the P182 but you lose a drive cage. With only 3 hard disks I guess that's acceptable. Still, you may want to consider a full tower with lots of fans instead of the P182.

Yeah, it's a very good monitor. Kind of expensive for a 22", but I think it's worth it.

It doesn't have a DVI input but your Asus GTX 280 will include a DVI to HDMI adapter.

The speakers are not that great, apparently, but you're getting some quality Logitech speakers anyway so you don't have to use the monitor's speakers.

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
The only 22" I've used lately for myself and others is Samsung's 2253BW. It's fast (2ms) and colours are great. I'm not familiar with the one you've mentioned, but if aevm says it's a good one too then it is.

I'll also throw in the Antec Quattro 1000W PSU for consideration if you're going to be running two cards, it can usually be found for a reasonable price. If you don't plan to go SLI then you can likely find a cheaper X58 that isn't certified/patched to be SLI-capable since manufacturers have to pay a premium for that feature. Personally, I'd probably still get one of the cheaper X58's and go with Crossfire (or at least to have it as an option down the road).

Mouse/keyboard? I just ask since you said it was a full build and not sure if you're ordering it all online or goign into a store - often there are good online deals for mice and keyboards so I'd rather buy there than just whatever a local shop has.

Might want to grab a couple extra case fans as I've been hearing the i7's can get a little warm. Scythe has some reasonably priced fluid bearing fans that last much longer than ball and sleeve bearing ones. SFF21F and SFF21E are two examples if you want to check them out (manufacturer # you can use to search most sites).

Good luck!

+1 for the SFF21E, I got 3 myself. 1200 rpm, 20 dB. The SFF21F (1600 rpm, 30 dB) cools better but I preferred the quieter version.

For the monitor, frankly, you need to go to a local store and look at them. Check for little annoying things like a powerful light on the on/off button in front of the monitor, or being able to see yourself reflected in it, or dead pixels, or the vision angles. Most monitors claim 160 degrees angles, for example, but I was in a Best Buy recently and noticed large differences there. There was this ViewSonic 25.5" for example that had better angles than a model from Samsung with similar size and price and specs.

naits360

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008

Yeh I think imma go for a 1000w psu and for the keyboard and mouse I'm going to get a logitech wave desktop

naits360

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
Ok so I think I'm going to go with this...

Antec Performance One P182
ATI RADEON HD4870x2
Asus P6T Deluxe
Corsair Dominator TWIN3X DDR3-1600 6 GB (3x2GB)
Intel Core i7 920
Logitech Z-2300 2.1
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit OEM
Noctua NH-U12P
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300 GB
HP w2207h

Changed from a GTX280 to a 4870x2^^

This looks good right?