Best CPU for flash video?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Hi guys. I normally don't post questions to the forum, but this time I'm hoping someone out there may have knowledge on this topic. So, here's the question: which would be better for Flash video, a 1200MHz Tualatin Celeron (1200mhz, 256KB L2, 100MHz fsb), a downclocked Tualatin-S Pentium III (950MHz, 512kb l2, 100MHz fsb), or a 1000 MHz PIII EB (1.0GHz, 256kb L2, 133fsb)? The reason I asked is normally I'd think the Celeron would be best, but when I performed superpi 1M, the 950 MHz Tualatin PIII beat out the 1200MHz Celeron Tualatin. I guess I don't know what Flash video needs most, L2 cache? FSB speed? Pure MHz? Anyone know what part of the CPU is most important for flash video? Unfortunately, it would take a tremendous amount of work to test all 3 CPUs, so I'm hoping someone has an idea.

ulysses35

Distinguished
As a Rule of thumb... any Pentium based chip will out perform the Celeron chip. Celerons are merely budget versions of Pentium CPU's - usually with a lower Cache.

The choice of the two PIII's would be very close with little or no noticeable difference

TRENDING THREADS